WTB: '77-'79, F-250/350

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I am looking for a really clean '77-'79 4x4 ford. i want a truck that is a solid base to start with for a engine swap. in other words i don't want to have to do a full resto before swapping in a different engine. does not need to have and engine or trans. can have an engine with a hole in the block for all i care. want it to have a complete interior as well.

If any body has anything that meets the above criteria. please post up some pics.

Thanks

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i think some guy was sellin a unicorn over on TDS....

;) good luck with finding that....especially in Michigan.

i still got the 78 F150 ive been tryin to sell. id offer it but its not as clean as what your looking for. (ext cab 4x4 also. the 150 ext cabs had a 250 frame and front suspension)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookie......

1979 Ford F150 4x4 - $5500 (healdsburg / windsor)

Date: 2011-07-30, 12:44PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
1979 Ford F150 4x4 6.6L 400 CID.

Automatic

w/ A/C

Original Owner

$5,500 OBO

707-272-4461

ask for Mark

Sorry no access to Email. Please call.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images

PostingID: 2515501459

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another...i know not 3/4t but giving you an idea....

1966 Ford F100 4X4 - Classic - $1600 (santa rosa)

Date: 2011-07-25, 8:58AM PDT
Classic '66 Ford F100 4X4 Longbed, Custom Cab Truck. New battery. Runs good, but smokes. Valve seal? 4 speed w/ Granny Low.
Original Dana equipment (same as Bronco). Current license & registration. Clean title. $1,600 Call (707) 799-8824

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2502830662

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a oldie.......

1967 FORD F250 4X4 V8 352 4 SPEED LONG BED LO MILES 92K JUST CALL ME FOR MORE IN FO 916..745.5100..I..M..IN..ROSEVILLE

PostingID: 2520664203

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another oldie......

'68 FORD F250 4X4 PICK-UP TRUCK - $1800 (vallejo / benicia)

Date: 2011-07-29, 7:57PM PDT
1968 CAMPER SPECIAL PICK-UP HAS A NEW SMALL BLOCK 351 WITH APPROX. 3,000 MILES, A NEW CLUTCH, NEW EXHAUST.
RUNS EXCELLENT, VERY RELIABLE.

$1800.00 OR BEST OFFER CLOSEST BUT AT LEAST $1500.00

REPLY TO THIS POSTING, SERIOUS ONLY PLEASE.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookie.....

1977 F150 4x4 - $2995 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)

Date: 2011-07-29, 11:07AM PDT
I have a 1977 F150 XLT Ranger 4x4 for sale
the motor is a 460 that was professionally rebuilt and bored out about 32,000 miles and ten years ago i have receipts
it has a fairly new holley carburator about two years old, edelbrock intake, custom exhaust with headers all smog legal
the tranny is a c6 three speed automatic, it has fully functionally 2high, 4high, and 4low with manual locking hubs
ford 9 inch in the rear not sure of the front but its the stock solid front axle
new tires in october 33x12.5x15 mud terrain as well as a bunch of other new parts
truck has power steering, power brakes, and disk brakes in the front
previous owner was in the proccess of restoring this truck so the interior is very nice, with some new paint and some bed work this would be a very nice looking truck but for a 77 its not bad at all
it has dual tanks and is my daily driver

if you have any questions or want more info/pictures email with a phone number or call/text Dustin at (925)-895-4235
asking $2995 obo dont low ball me the tires cost $1000 alone

tag: ford f150, f 150, f250, f 250, f350, f 350, f100, f 100, 4x4, highboy, high boy, chevy, dodge, 1500, 2500, 3500

PostingID: 2519712575

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another old dog.....

1970 f250 4x4 - $4000 (belmont)

Date: 2011-07-28, 7:13PM PDT
selling my 1970 ford 3/4 ton it has a big block 460 4 speed on the floor divorced transfer case locking hubs next to new 36" goodyear mudders regular cab long bed custom steel rear bumper straight primered body and the engine runs strong have extra set of smaller tires for hauling loads mp3 ready stereo with 2 6x9s in the doors its a daily driver right now

needs front end alignment and most likely new shoes for the brakes perfect project truck ready for someone with time to put into

im moving away and can't take it with me im not leaving for a month and need to keep it around for a few weeks please no low ball offers i will gladly leave it with a friend if i cant find a buyer before aug. 23rd

call if you have any questions or want to check it out its in belmont on the weekends and at night but its parked in redwood city during the work week
(650)483-2509

PostingID: 2509775636

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugly stepchild......

1966 FORD F 250 4X4 TURBOCHARGED MONSTER OF A TRUCK - $1600 (hayward / castro valley)

Date: 2011-07-28, 3:06PM PDT
JUST REDUCED TO ONLY $1600.00 I am selling my 1966 FORD F250 3/4 TON 4X4 MONSTER of a TRUCK WITH A 8 foot bed mounted steel framed cab high camper shell with a crawl through booted rear window. It has a 300 cubic inch 6 cyl. motor that was custom built with +.030 OVER forged lo-compression pistons a turbo camshaft, balanced and blueprinted, and a custom hi pressure hi flow oil pump. I have owned this truck for well over 30 + years and it still has well under 100 thousand total miles on it since it was new ! It has been stored for well over 10 years now and no spare time or a shop to work on it any more so its time to let it go to someone who can enjoy it and have some fun like I always did ! It needs some work to get it in shape again as it was when I put it in storage and to freshen it up from all the years it has sat in the weather in storage . Both fuel tanks need to be removed and boiled out from the fuel evaporating and leaving a gummy sediment in the bottom and plugging the fuel outlet and lines and replacing the rubber fuel lines .The brakes need to be flushed out and bleed too. If you want the complete list of modifications on my truck just e-mail me through the provided link and I will send it to you ! So if you are interested in my MONSTER OF A TRUCK , call me @ (510) 483-5839 or through the provided link above . THANKS AND GOOD LUCK ! MICHAEL...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another ugly stepchild......

Ford Truck 1979 1/2 TON 4X4 - $3500 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)

Date: 2011-07-27, 8:03PM PDT
1979 FORD TRUCK 1/2 TON, 4X4,- REBUILT ENGINE - REBUILT REAR END- REBUILT FRONT END - I HAVE ALL RECEIPTS AND PAPERS SHOWING WORK PERFORMED. $3,500, O/B - CALL MIKE, (209) 401-3502

PostingID: 2496438927

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another....

Lifted 1977 F-150 4x4 - $4500 (mendocino county)

Date: 2011-07-26, 7:26PM PDT
351 with auto trans.

odometer reads 30,***

4" lift

35" tires (15% left)

Currently registered and will be smoged opon purchase truck is in white sealer

re-done interior with sound deadner

cd player w/ ipod hookup jl 12" sub 600 watt amp

707-485-7325 $4500 trade for newer ext. cab 4x4 silverado, dakota. tacoma, tundra,

You must be registered for see images attach

dodge ford chevy chevrolet 4x4 diesel cummins powerstroke CHEVY CHEVROLET DODGE FORD CUMMIINS POWERSTROKE DURAMAX 2500 3500 DUALLY 4X4 HD SUPERDUTY GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado, Duramax Diesel, 4 Wheel Drive, Crew Cab, 3/4 Ton, GMC, Chevrolet, 4x4 4DOOR HD F150 F250 4WD TOYOTA NISSAN TUNDRA FOUR DOOR 4 DOOR

PostingID: 2515284470

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's your dream truck.

1977 F250 4x4 factory hi-boy C6 a/t, p/s - $1800 (potrero hill)
Date: 2011-07-24, 2:07PM PDT
I have owned this truck for 23 years. " hi-boy" is a nick-name for this factory delivered high clearance Ford F250 4x4, which was only produced from 1974-1979. Of these, the 1977 model year is considered the most desirable for several reasons. 1. California delivered 1977 medium duty trucks were not catalyst. Today, they still require only PVC, EGR, and carbon can for fuel tank vapor.(all there). Very few vacuum hoses. Adjustable carb mixture. While 1977 F250 must have a smog inspection, the test values are extremely lenient and easy to pass. The original air cleaner is present (thermostatic control) air intake flap. Air induction and EGR are via a base plate under the carb and are easy to adjust for optimum performance or modify if desired. All of these original 1977 components are are still present. 2. Unleaded fuel ready: 1977 valve and seats were unleaded fuel ready. 3. 1977 Engine was still optimized for power delivery. Still has factorty delivered 2 bb carb but 4bb can be used legally. Factory equipped with fuel miser 2 barrel up to 13 mpg. 4. Beginning in 1977 model year, the frame was improved as was the Dana front axle. No modifications are required for high ground clearance which is standard or serious off road use. (This truck has seen very limited off road operation).

Most of the above desired features were lost beginning in 1978 when California required medium duty trucks to comply with stricter emission standards. By 1979, the heavy sheet metal body and simple reliable, rebuildable truck was history while pre-'77 models lacked disc brakes, electronic ignition (simple fire-wall mounted factory box- not an ecu) and the strong frame.
Specifics:
1977 F250 4 x 4 factory "Hi-Boy
" first year of new style front solid axle (no basket-ball enclosures near wheels, more turning radius)
Transfer case is fully divorced from the automatic C6 transmission. Cast iron gear type transfer case is in-destructible. Newer models incorporate the chain driven aluminum transfer case.

The 1977 F250 4x4 is often still found in commercial use as they are easily repaired and rebuild able at low cost

Ranger XLT trim level with extras was not common in 1977 4 x 4 . (not to be confused with the newer, light duty Ranger). Interior in good condition, black carpeting, RARE factory bucket seats with console connecting them
rare factory inset rubber bumper molding
in-dash high output factory heat and air conditioning
rugged duty, legendary solid axles rather than weak "independent font suspension
very low miles, 102k orig miles
California model but no catalytic converter present or required
Two fuel tanks, factory delivered ready for third tank
Emissions components are simply crankcase ventilation (PVC), and minor stuff like EGC, all of which are present and working. Very lenient emissions specs allow you to operate a well tuned '77 legally and it's easy to pass inspection. (worth repeating)
Interior is very nice condition
Engine: 400M replaced about 30k miles ago.
Auto trans- HD C6 3 speed with less than 10k miles rebuild including torque converter

Brakes, calipers, rotors, drums, hub, Bendix brand USA m cyl completely replaced 10k miles ago
power disc front brakes, drum rear

Warn hub lockers

front and rear drive shafts have recent u-joints

Rancho shocks. Heavy duty starter, big rig large frame commercial duty alternator about 10k miles ago as well. Alternator alone was $500, dual battery brackets (only one in use for engine) . Always starts instantly. . Recently re-built distributor. Two gas tanks.installed, 3rd tank ready, fantastic cruising range

Box receiver is frame welded, step rear bumper
I am selling this truck for peanuts because the radiator, Accell cap-rotor-9mm wires battery and tail light were "re-appropriated" by thieves from the very spot where the truck now sits (locked yard near 3rd St and Ceasar Chavez. . If you know your trucks, then you know this is an awesome deal. No major mechanical work is required. The parts and title are are worth far more the asking price of $1,800. I am moving and can't take the truck with me. It will be sold to the first buyer with $1,800 cash or b/o.. . I do not reply to email!!>>. Please reply with your phone number! Thanks.
Body condition
Please do not ask for pictures!!! This is a 35 y.o. truck. It has NO collision damage. It was mostly parked in Tracy. Since I began parking in SF several years ago, rust formed on the roof and lower door panels. Roof will need the cap or other repair. The critical floor and cab attachment points are solid. This happens with these trucks particularly because the windshield seal was weak. There are aftermarket roof caps and body panels and door skins which are readily available. The tailgate is working but has the typical sprung spot welds. Let me be clear, the roof above the windshield is rusted through but repairable. Paint is original. You will need to putty the rust hole in the roof. or buy the in-expensive metal roof cap repair kit and have it welded on. The good thing is that the floor and cab connection to the frame are solid. . Registration is current.
Is it drive-able?
You will need a readily available replacement radiator which will take less than an hour to install. Cost is $150 for a basic single row aftermarket. A good brass and copper radiator can be had new for $275. Put in a radiator and battery cap, rotor, wires and drive it home. >>> Please do not consider this truck if you need a fully cosmetically restored truck.<<< This truck can be made to look very sharp with some minor body work. Entire door skins , roof cap, hood, front grill are readily available for very low cost and are bolt on except for the roof cap which is weld-on. . Drive her as-is for off road, snow or farm. Everything works. Once you drive this truck you will take great pride in ownership of this relatively rare work-horse. It is an advantage to have a truck in un-restored condition with factory original paint so that you can see the true condition. At this fire-sale price, you aren't even paying for the working drive train. I do not have time before moving to do these things for you. For this reason you are getting a very special truck for much less than the value alone of a good used engine, C6 and hi-boy components . Great truck for someone in the country or mountains who needs a forever rebuild-able work horse and those who understand the limited availability of the 1977 hi-boy as a practical driveable, classic. The 77 F250 4x4 is the most reliable, easy to maintain truck ever built by Ford.
Important... Reply with phone number! I do not reply to email. Thanks!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0 image 1

PostingID: 2511073000

Attachments

• 77f2504x4a.jpg
    77f2504x4a.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 77f2504x4b.jpg
    77f2504x4b.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Thanks for looking at and posting up all those trucks.

My dad and i had allready determined that we would be ending up out west somewere for a truck like this.

Thanks agian.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent