WTB 6.9/7.3 IDI 4x4 KY/TN Clarksville area

12vctd

Reaction score
WTB 6.9/7.3 IDI 2wd or 4x4 KY/TN Clarksville area

Ok I am just gonna throw this out there. I need a cheap idi diesel truck, I have been having some pretty crappy luck lately. And after losing my business I have been having a very hard time finding work. So im broke. I have a good job offer in Kansas, and I need to find a very cheap or reasonable truck for around 1500 I might be able to swing 1700. Unless I can trade my DD 85 Ford bronco 351w ho, 4x4 ugly as me(well maybe its not that ugly). Runs great, great drivetrain, but the body is rusted and the driver side has a pretty large dent behind the door. sittin on 32's BFG AT's that are about well bald, maybe 15% tread. The drivetrain like I said is good just a ugly truck, I think its fair priced @ $1000, so if anyone would be intrested in that I could swing about 1200 dollars cash with trade. I want a diesel well because I still have a ton of home brewed bio diesel to use so I can offset my moving to Kansas, and I have to move my tools and what little stuff I have in 1 trip. I dont mind ugly I just need a solid truck. I prefer 4x4 but thats not a requirement. I have been searching CL and had a decent truck lined up but I was too slow. please email me at [email protected]. I am located in Clarksville for now but need to get to Kansas in 4 days. Thank you for your time

Last edited:

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brother, let me highly recommend this:

Rent a uhaul truck and drive out there. I bet you could do it and take your bronco and still come out with a little cash, even paying fuel and all that. For $1500 you're not going to find a truck in the greatest shape, especially with the timeframe you have. And if anything has trouble you're in a world of trouble. Lets say you've got all your $1700 in this new truck of yours, all your stuff in it, halfway to Kansas. Now your injection pump blows because it was already kinda tired, and the biodiesel and trip pushed it over the edge. What do you do now?

I wish you the best and hope you get yourself out there and are able to start afresh. Its different country out there, but neat nontheless. I wish I wasn't in school or I'd offer to drive you and your stuff out there towing your bronco for fuel cost. My $0.02.

12vctd

Reaction score
TW I agree, I was hoping to find a decent truck because once on site I have to haul my Big 40 around and a truck would make things much easier. I really appreciate the offer.

93f250 I saw your truck, but I dont think I am even gonna scrape enough cash together for the trip now. So I might be back at square one.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a rust-free Tennessee truck that I would like to get $1800 for, but since your on hard times I could go $1700. I'm currently fixing it up to try and get the most for it I can, but it runs great, and is a standard cab dually with a fold out gooseneck in the bed.

12vctd

Reaction score
Mel please tell me more about this truck, since I know your a honest man, as well as knowing these trucks pretty well sounds like I great deal. Thou I have no clue how I would get to PA and back. But I will entertain every possibility and hopefully I can make the right decision. Does it come with a moose pump and injectors???? LOL just joking. Mainly it sounds great curious on the trans combo, and I assume its a 2wd. As long as I can put a welder and my torch setup in the bed thats all I need, as well as a truck that is sound enough to travel. I might have a lead on my bronco being sold and I have a few cummins parts that I am just waiting to meet with the man who is buying them. Thank you all for trying to help my cause I hate to publicly admit my problems and even more I do not want to sound like im trying to get something for nothing.

12vctd

Reaction score
Ok still looking for a truck, can't seem to get rid of bronco. If anyone has leads to a good truck in the area or even out of the area, I seriously need to find one thank you. and god bless

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online