Wrangler Lockouts?

BigBadCummins

Reaction score
under or on top of something, use your imagination
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has put a set of lockouts on a 97' or newer Jeep Wrangler and what was involved. I have a 98 TJ and I need to replace the front axle u-joints and as long as I am at it I would like to see about installing some lockouts.

Thanks in advance,
Kurt.

B

Big K

BBC, are you a member of Pirate4x4 or SNORT?

Prolly get an answer there.

I don't know much about the newer stuff. I do have folks I can ask, or just steer you in the right direction.

Let me know.

BigBadCummins

Reaction score
Thaks Big K.

I found my answer on SNORT 4x4. I will be sticking with the factory set up for now, just wanted to check out my options. My front axle u-joints lasted 96,000 miles and the Jeep gets the snot wrung out of it everytime it's driven, I quess thats good enough for now.

Thanks again,
Kurt.

B

Big K

Glad you got your answer. When it comes time to do any serious overhaul work on that front, you might want to consider swapping in a Dana 44. Prolly not much more $$ than a complete rebuild on your front, and you'll gain a lot of strength. Just a thought.

BigBadCummins

Reaction score
I was thinking about installing a 44 but the poor thing is equipped with the 2.5L 4 cylinder and I don't think it has the beans to break anything so for now I will stay with the Dana 30. I have pulled my truck sunk to the frame twice out of a mudhole with it and haven't broke anything yet, justed put it in low range and 1st gear rev to the limiter and dropped the clutch. The second time I freed my truck the front bumper was caught on a rock and pulled it out of whack pretty good. I thought for sure that something was going to break violently and it would be quite expensive, good thing that the wife said she would pay to repair anything that broke in the attempt to free my Ram. you see it was her that got it stuck while playing when I was at work.:D

Kurt.

B

Big K

*LOL*

Usually it's the other way 'round, of course. You're begging for a hand to get out of the mistake that you made.:(

Sounds like you got a keeper.:Thumbs Up

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever need some help on that jeep or anyother JEEP let me know I have made custom suspension and lifts axle for almost any jeep out there....
If you gonna put a 44 in it would have to be of the new rubicon or it will be full lenght in that case you may as well stick couple dana 60 in or some 2.5 military.......

murfman

Reaction score
Warn makes nice hub kits for the wrangler un both 4.5" and 5.5" bolt patterns. The proble is they will not work with stock Wheels (The Hub is to big in diameter to fit the wheel) I have used both kits with great luck in the past. A cheaper upgrade than a 44 front is a HP 30 out of a XJ (Cherokee) they are in Junkyards all over, and bolt right in. the HP is as strong as a 44 in a front application, and if you search long enough, you can find factory installed 4.10's. 70-80.00 axle at a pull it yourself yard, clean it up add new U-joints and your good to go with upto 35" tires. peace Murfman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online