Would a bronco frame be the same as a 2wd half ton?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket controllers can use either a rear diff or extension housing VSS for signal. Long as the controller gets a speed signal it will work.
Well then that will solve that problem. Especially seeing how an aftermarket controller would be the recommended way of going anyways, due to certain shortcomings of the factory TCMs (well, their programming). Can the output shaft of later E4ODs (2wd obviously) accept a speedometer gear? If it can then it's just a matter of using an older tailhousing for its port, just swap it onto whatever E4OD they get.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each his own...
I used to have a 82 F150 that I lowered. My vote definitely goes to the Crown Vic front suspension.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Well then that will solve that problem. Especially seeing how an aftermarket controller would be the recommended way of going anyways, due to certain shortcomings of the factory TCMs (well, their programming). Can the output shaft of later E4ODs (2wd obviously) accept a speedometer gear? If it can then it's just a matter of using an older tailhousing for its port, just swap it onto whatever E4OD they get.

Try to get a pre 92 output shaft. This is set up for a speedo gear. You will need a 89-91 VSS to make it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online