Work lights

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am looking for a work light with a short but wide pattern. It is not really for a truck but for a Kubota backhoe. My neighbor has been kind enough to let me borrow his tractor at any whim so i would like to repay him by putting on a GOOD set of work light on the rear of his ROPS bars so he can see while doing his night projects. He put some POS wallworld fog lights on that vibrated thems selves to death. Price is really of no concern, i just want a quality light.
I have been looking at these but dont really have any 1st hand experiance with them http://www.truckntow.com/pc-11465-147010-hella-oval-100-close-range-work-light-double.aspx Any suggestions would be appreciated

gatorman21218

Reaction score
What about snowplow headlights? Dont know any part numbers or anything but mine are just screwed onto a bracket. I'm sure you can weld on a piece of angle iron to the tractor and mount the lights to them.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
What about snowplow headlights? Dont know any part numbers or anything but mine are just screwed onto a bracket. I'm sure you can weld on a piece of angle iron to the tractor and mount the lights to them.

I think they would be too big(you sit right under the ROPS when running hoe) and they dont really need to shine out more than 30 feet

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a bad deal really. I have always used utility tractor lights, which around here are now $20+ so that seems like a decent deal , and look a tad more compact.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have something very similar (Hella "Picador" I beleive) on the headboard of my dump box, nice and bright so 2 should be like daytime....Is the Kubota 12 or 24V?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Just something to watch for around heavy equipment large and small, I'm not sure which charging voltage a smaller machine like that runs...Probably 12V I would think.:dunno

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Hella lights you picked up are great, I've ran them on a few trucks, and I sure like them, definitely don't come that cheap here though... LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
At work we use the old school round Grote rubber spot lights on the plows for reverse and spinner lights....They are cheap and they can usually make enough heat that the snow will melt and they will stay clear when the trucks are out plowing.;Sweet

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7