wont start wierd clicking noise HELP

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck wont start! All I hear when I turn the key is the starter clicking. I can also hear a series of clicks under the hood somewhere on the drivers side of the truck. My batteries are fully charged. We tried jumping across the relay (?) with a screwdriver and it still just clicked. It acts like the battries are dead but if you turn the key enough it will eventually click, catch and start. Any ideas? Please help quick!! Im in desperate straights here............

Badasp118

91 7.3 idi bone stock!!

Tripp16

Reaction score
check for a loose connection where the hot wire connects to the starter, if connecton good try connecting a jumper cable from positive battery post to the + connection on starter to see if the starter + cable is bad.

the relay you jumped was the one on the fender and not the glowplug relay on top of the engine?

starter bendix might be bad in which case starter will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

msta999

Reaction score
Clean your connections. just because they are tight doesn't mean they are clean. The starter relays are prone to failure....I would test it with a test light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online