WMO and micron rating

2manydsls

Reaction score
I've read several posts about using wmo and mixing with diesel fuel. I've been rather stingy with the wmo, using about a gallon to 20 gals. of diesel fuel. I have a rather large quantity of wmo that I'd like to use up but am not sure of the filtering. I currently run a AC TP-1069 as a primary filter called "water wringer) on all of my diesels. This was originally used on VW and IH scout diesels. (I got a large quantity of them at a gov. surplus auction). My secondary filter is the stock ford filter.
I'm planning on using some AC PF-897 (also surplus with mtg adpt) oil filters to filter the wmo as it comes out of my pressurized oil drain container and I'm not sure of the micron rating of either one. Any help with the micron ratings of these would be appreciated. Thanks,
Ross

sassyrel

Reaction score
find someone that sells ac filters--their book should say the rating---

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowes sells a 2 micron filter that fits into a house filter, this is what I use, first a 20 then the 2 micron, it looks like wound string filter.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
McMaster Carr has filter bags. Bags have a loop sewn in the top.
Last year at the Carlisle Import show, a guy was showing how he filter WVO. It was very simple--he placed a 10 micron filter bag in a 1 micron filter bag, and placed the bags thru a plywood piece so that the bing on top of the bags held them suspended. The plywood sat on a pipe-work fr4ame that he had built fron 2" PVC. A 5 gallon bucket was placed under the bags. he poured the WVO ( in this case from the deep fat turkey fryer at the Fairgrounds) into the bags. Filtered WVO came out--clean to 1 micron.
The same set up should work for your WMO, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance