Wiring harness plug

phmezz

Reaction score
I am attempting fix my code 62 problem (E4od)with a new wiring harness plug. I dropped the transmission pan and removed the cover over the plug. The plug won't budge. Any tips for how to get the plug off the solenoid pack? It's kind of in a tight spot. Tried to pop off with a screwdriver but don't want to damage it. Thanks,

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no need to drop the pan.to remove it,you remove the heat shield and then on the top of the plug that is facing you,you press inwards.this will release the lock tab.while pressing inwards with one hand,you want to be be wiggling and pulling upwards with the other hand.
normally you never want to use a screw driver because you'll break it.since your replacing it,it doesn't matter.though a screwdriver wont help anyway when you release and pull it correctly.

now,if by chance your trying to remove the whole solenoid pack,either to gain better access to clean up the pins down inside and or to replace it.then you remove the pan,the nuts and the bolts holding the pack in place,and then with the electrical connector already unhooked as mentioned above,then you just wiggle and pull while pressing downwards on the female connector to break the o-ring free.when doing this,don't be nervous.it's just an o-ring.own it and pop it out.

phmezz

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I got it off. The plug was full of gunk. I dropped the solenoid pack too and the pins looks pretty clean. Think i'm going splice on a new plug, replace the solenoid pack and put a new filter on. Replacing the solenoid pack may be overkill but I won't have to dig into it again. Looking forward to driving my truck without losing overdrive and going into limp mode.

phmezz

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a re-manufactured solenoid pack off ebay. Anyone have experience with these? Is this a reliable part? Thanks,

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the solenoid pack was working OK before why replace it. Parts nowadays are not to reliable.

Since your replacing the harness connector be sure and solder the splice. If you use butt connectors, there is connectors available that are self sealing. Solder coat the wire ends, that makes a better crimp. Be sure and replace the heat shield.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah,they rarely fail too anyway so don't replace it as preventative maintenance.what you get might not be as good as what you already have.so long as it was dirty and not atf,clean it and replace the plug.then run it like you stole it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes