Wiring connector Identification 1984

1983idi

Reaction score
I purchased a 1984 Super Cab to replace my rotted 1983 single cab. The wiring harness dash and everything came with it. Mostly looks like plug and play but I'm finding a couple connectors on the 84 that are not on my 83.

First one is a round 4 plug that is in the general area that the glow plug harness connector is.
You must be registered for see images attach

Second one is a whole harness that comes out from below the brake booster and has a relay on it. It was hooked to a brake controller but nothing else. The wiring all looks factory but I'm 99% sure trucks didn't come with factory trailer brakes until much later

Third is a plug coming off the wiring for the ac switch.

Last edited:

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a gasser extended cab?

The round 4 plug, from what I can remember, went to my alternator and I removed when I did my 3G swap.

The second could be your water in fuel unless this is a gasser, then idk.

I don't have AC, cant help on the third.

Check www.garysgaragemahal.com for wiring diagram under electrical. They show the connectors and numbers used.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay just checked the wiring diagram, the round one is for the alternator regulator. 4 wires should be RO, Y/LG, LG-R, and Yellow 37. Red orange and yellow light green go to the ammeter (mine never worked), light green red comes from the ignition, and the yellow 37 should come from a fusible link (red) and do not remember where that one goes, I believe it goes back to the ignition or fuse panel so I added it to my fuse box.

I am unsure about the second two still, the water in fuel plug has a rubber cover over it and I don't see a blue/black stripe wire on mine but could be wrong.

Third one again, I don't have AC so without a good picture of the wire colors and shape of the plug, I can't help.

1983idi

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I did get the alternator figured out since you pointed me in that direction. It's a diesel cab but the 2nd pic isn't water in fuel. It's got a relay as part of a mini harness on that side. Not sure if anyone has a clue what that would be tho

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I did get the alternator figured out since you pointed me in that direction. It's a diesel cab but the 2nd pic isn't water in fuel. It's got a relay as part of a mini harness on that side. Not sure if anyone has a clue what that would be tho

It looks suspiciously like the wiring for the towing package. It would be power for trailer lights, not the brakes though. Was the cab off a dually by chance? The fender markers and rear ID bar run through that circuit too if that's what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online