wierd question about ttb

fcdrifter13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this is gonna sound strange. But I want to swap a ford ttb 4x4 front suspension into my 79 2wd project truck. I am building up a hot rod pumped 24v and will really have no way to hook it up on the street. I also love the lowered look of my truck right now
So I done some looking into the ttb and you can build up everything to hold the power andit looks like I could keep the truck relitivly low. My big question is, is this even a possible swap I know with enough money anything is possible but I mean realistically.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
you would have to measure for the frame width, and then measure the frame width of a current F250.

IIRC I don't think it will work due to the older style ford's frames being narrower....meaning your spring perch would be interfering with your pumpkin on te driver side beam.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know a guy that lives real close to you that would sell you a 89 f250 dana44 ttb with a reg cab lond bed frame.

fcdrifter13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the frame. Will work great with the plans we talked about. Now on to the next question just how strong is a np203 my neighbor has one that is 31 spline if I counted correctly. Think it will hold up to a hot ridded 24v with a bts e4od?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Another issue you are going to have is, the 70s trucks dont have a crossmember under the engine to mount the TTB to, like the 80-97 trucks do

fcdrifter13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making some progress

You must be registered for see images attach

Stock height

You must be registered for see images attach

lowered.

Everything lines up great as far as the drivetrain goes, but I will have to make some adjustments to the cab mounts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7