Who can help me out on my idi (N Texas)

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new lift pump and injection pump that need to be installed. I was in a car accident 4 months ago and just had what i hope was my last surgery and am unable to work on it for 3-4 more months. New injectors and returns were put on not to long before my wreck. Im about 45 minutes north of Dallas in a little town called Van Alstyne, Tx. If there is anyone near by that could help id be willing to feed you some beer or whatever u like to drink lol and throw some cash your way. Anyone that can help please let me know.

-Jordan-

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
If you aren't in a really big hurry, when I can get some time I wouldn't mind coming up and doing it.
I'm in Eastland so it's a bit of a drive. The worst part for me is that I hate DFW traffic.
Now, I've never done an ip but I have read about it here on OB. The lift pump isn't bad, I just did mine.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no rush at all man, just sometime in the next month or two, it will be a week or two before im even mobil again. Ya never know somebody closer with some more time might chime in. I do thank you for the quick response!

-Jordan-

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only an hour and a half from you. If my wife continues to stabilize from her last bout of heart failure, I might be able to get up there and spend a day on it. But I can't make any promises yet, maybe the first of April?

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Traveler, maybe we can arrange it so we both can be there and make it easier. Have you done an ip before? I'm sure that I could handle it but nothing beats experience.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 80 miles from ya. Maybe all of us can try to make a day of it at the end of April or first of May. I nearly have my truck done just finishing touches to make it hwy ready!

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys that would be very cool, and i would appreciate it alot. Id be able to walk pretty good by then but most of my left arm would still be in a cast. I live in a little house on 40 acres and the guy who owns the place has a dirt bike/4 wheeler track set up so any of u guys with 4 wheelers or dirt bikes could come up and have some fun, got a pool table a couple horseshoe pits and a nice deck and grill too. We could make a nice afternoon and evening out of it! Oh by the way just so u know that this wasnt a minor wreck i was in, heres a few pics of the truck i wrecked!
You must be registered for see images attach

broke my tibia and fibia in both legs, broke my left wrist, misaligned some bones a tore some ligiments in my left hand, shattered my right heekl and had to have it reconstructed and broke 6 ribs and my sternum. Im very lucky just to be alive!

-Jordan-

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Damn! That cab is crushed bad! In 95 I rolled a car and caused a burst fracture of my 2nd lumbar vertebrae. The vertebrae lost 60% of its height and they fused it to the ones above and below it. Not as bad as what you have been through, but not fun just the same.
I never got to see the car, so I don't know how bad it looked.
Your guardian angel was with you that day!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I would to and would be more than happy to pitch in for the truck but idk what i would do about work I got school mon thru wed and work fri, sat, sun. If we get a hard date in quick enough I might be able to get off, Im in stephenville.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I wish that one of us has a meter, mine is just set by ear to where I thought it sounds ok. And doing crushers' it would be nice to get it right without guessing.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea let me see if i can get ahold of the local Ford House the service manager who i know well said theres a guy there that still has his meter for timing idi pumps. Ill see if i can get ahold of him or maybe somebody close by will chime in with one. I appreciate all u guys chiming in with the support.

-Jordan-