white smoke

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
sometimes when i step into the throttle i get a mix of black smoke with a little white smoke.. is that normal? if not what do i need to look for? also the pass two days in the morning when i start her up, it idles real low like it wants to die almost but then i hit the throttle a bit and it goes away... its only happened twice.. let me know what you think. thanks josh
;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Whenever I hear "white smoke" I wanna jump to conclusions and say cavitation. But in your case, sounds fuel related. The white smoke could be coming from the fuel not burning, from a bad injector. Could be timing related, retarted timing I think gives white smoke, but if you have black smoke as well, sounds like its an injector.

Also, we should add, is the truck up to temp when you rev it, or cold?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
is white smoke coming from an engine starving for fuel? I have been told this by several people and before I advanced my timing people swore that I just wasn't getting enough fuel to my ip.

tractorman86

Reaction score
no, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if there is a lack of fuel there will only be a lack of power not smoke.

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
im not running wmo just straight #2 deisel. could i already be due for new ip and injectors? this truck only has 96000 miles on it!!!! is there anythinkg else that could be wrong? where is the best place to get injectors and a new or reman ip? thanks for your input

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
Whenever I hear "white smoke" I wanna jump to conclusions and say cavitation. But in your case, sounds fuel related. The white smoke could be coming from the fuel not burning, from a bad injector. Could be timing related, retarted timing I think gives white smoke, but if you have black smoke as well, sounds like its an injector.

Also, we should add, is the truck up to temp when you rev it, or cold?

the engine is warm when i notice it... when i start up i get the usual little black cloud and thats it...then when warm i sometimes get white not all the time

tractorman86

Reaction score
i wouldnt jump too quick to buy the high dollar items just yet, check your timing, if that dosen't work out then maybe get a retirn line kit and the copper washers and pull all your inj and have them pop tested. might just be one slobbering and have 7 other in great shape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online