WHICH PUMP & INJECTORS?

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some advice guys.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been around here. I'm living off the grid now, and busy as never before building a new life in the Great White North. Anyways, I've got 50 Kilo miles on my rebuild and my fuel system is in need. A couple years ago I built a 94 IDI Turbo engine to replace my tired Banks IDI. When I did I had a set of D codes and a fresh pump from Midwest on hand so that's what went in. It was salvaged from an attempt to use a "used" engine instead of rebuilding one. Long and short of it is that I was never pleased with the MWFI pump.
Now I am starting to feel a little roughness at idle and it's getting the EGT's and Oil temp up high if I cruise it at speed. Back off a little and the temps drop back. Injectors giving it up? Note... This is with the added wind resistance of a flat nose trailer I call "the Main Sail".

So, I have my core Turbo IP that I could get rebuilt and get some matched injectors for that pump or go with a stock N/A pump and injectors.
The IP would be a no brainer except that the Turbo pump seems to be more bulbous at the front where the mounting nuts are and a bit harder to mount and dismount. And last time I checked the G codes were a bit pricier than the rest. I don't know if the N/A pump can be tweaked to perform as well as the Turbo unit or not. Seems like they wouldn't have designed a whole new pump if tweaking would have worked.

So what's the best setup? Turbo set or Tweaked N/A? Maybe Russ' Matched and Mel's Moose? I know you guys know this stuff.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For injectors, I went with a set from Russ. They're brand new, hand checked and matched for pop pressure. For me, this was definitely the best bang for buck. If you have the extra $$$ Moose Misters provide a higher pressure, better atomized spray pattern over stock. This adds power and helps mileage. Something to consider.

For pumps, the Mini Moose is the hands-down choice. For about $200 more than what I spent on my rebuilt pump, you can have one of Agnem's mechanical marvels. This is money well spent. Had I known then what I know now, I would have done this in a heartbeat.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For performance, Moose pump and Moose injectors. For great stock rebuild, Baby Moose and BB code Delphi matched and pressure tested from Russ (typ4) or Mel.

Heath