Where to put air horn

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you mount the thing under , it will get ruined. It has a rubber diaphram inside . If you fill it with crud , you will puncture the diaphram.
I've got a pair of Grover 24" Organtone air horns that i pulled off a mid 70s Kenworth that are going on my truck if I ever get the time. They are going right up on top of the cab where they belong and they look GREAT up there ;Sweet
It really wouldn't take me that long to mount the blamed things, it's just that forever there we had nothing but non stop rain, and now its too blamed hot to do anything -cuss

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Hey Warden,

Here's one from the buell site that is lower pitch but, it is not exactly low profile - nor is it cheap.... They have quite a few sigle horns too. All trumpet type though that you can listen too. This one is a fancy chrome quadraplex horn though....

http://www.buellairhorns.com/buell-quadraplex-air-horn-c-3-p-1-pr-16135.html

Here's a single 15" that is somewhat low tone too....

http://www.buellairhorns.com/buell-15-air-horn-c-103-p-1-pr-16161.html

Here's a five horn rail horn too that seems low tone....

http://www.buellairhorns.com/buell-5-chime-rail-air-horn-c-75-p-1-pr-16150.html

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Mount it under the truck somewhere facing down toward the ground.....There's a video on Youtube somewhere of some air horns a guy made out of PVC and Funnels....they're mounted on his golfcart.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
corey i forgot you own a bed till like 3 posts down
but im going to mount some on a roof rack built into the headache rach some day but untill that gets built ill run one under the hood if i stumble across one chear

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
corey i forgot you own a bed till like 3 posts down
but im going to mount some on a roof rack built into the headache rach some day but untill that gets built ill run one under the hood if i stumble across one chear

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
If you mount the thing under , it will get ruined. It has a rubber diaphram inside . If you fill it with crud , you will puncture the diaphram.
I've got a pair of Grover 24" Organtone air horns that i pulled off a mid 70s Kenworth that are going on my truck if I ever get the time. They are going right up on top of the cab where they belong and they look GREAT up there ;Sweet
It really wouldn't take me that long to mount the blamed things, it's just that forever there we had nothing but non stop rain, and now its too blamed hot to do anything -cuss

Not if you have them facing backwards, like mine is. ;p I learned my lesson the first time. Forward facing behind the front tire is not good for the horns in snow covered sloppy messes.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frame rail, I wont fill with crap if you get a semi horn with a plate in front of it. Also, any crud that goes in there will be blown out when you use the horn. Semi's have their horns mounted on the frame rail when they aren't on the roof.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Frame rail, I wont fill with crap if you get a semi horn with a plate in front of it. Also, any crud that goes in there will be blown out when you use the horn. Semi's have their horns mounted on the frame rail when they aren't on the roof.

Their frame rails are also over 3 feet off the ground and have a cab blocking in front of them. Interestingly, those end caps are more of a scoop than a protector. I grabbed two horns off the same truck, one had a cap, the other not, and teh one without was nice and clean inside from a regular rinsing of rain, but the one with the cap was filled with mud and bugs and all kinds of nasties... and that was facing forward on top . I can't imagine how much you could gather underneath.

Last edited:

tknomaj

Reaction score
My horns are 3ft off the ground or close to it and the diaphrams are made of stainless steel .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726