Where to buy ip.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give him a call tommorw then. Thanks.
Only problem I see is I don't have the turbo pump with the tourqe screw.
Think I read he charges more for those pumps.

91idi4x4

Reaction score
I am curious if these guys have a good rebuilt pump?
http://www.usdieselparts.com/index.cfm/category/31/ford-69l-73l-idi-parts.cfm
I am looking at picking up a new ip in a couple months hopefully if all pans out. (Graduating college and gotta get a job) I don't have a turbo yet otherwise I would get a moose pump. My truck has ~157k on it and im sure the pump and injectors are original so im sure they are due for a change.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give him a call tommorw then. Thanks.
Only problem I see is I don't have the turbo pump with the tourqe screw.
Think I read he charges more for those pumps.

Hey Chris, if I remember right, Ken only charges more for the 6.9 style pumps. Call him and be persistent. Just so you know what you are paying for, the main difference between a stock pump and a DPS pump is that the timing and fueling curves are shifted so that the pump pulls hard all the way to the redline instead of retarding the timing and defueling earlier on like a stock pump does. Other than that it is turned up and can give a LOT more fuel. Not sure what it will do with stock injectors, but I think your truck will benefit. I bet you will find yourself much closer to 15 psi and 1100 egt under full fuel, which will be fine since you have fresh gaskets. Just don't get tempted to push it to 20 until you get a chance to stud the engine and add an IC or water/****.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience with DPS and the "Turbo calibration" IP/Stage 1 injectors was less than good. Other's have had a differenct experience. Send me a PM if you wanna know why I'm not a DPS fan.;Sweet

Heath

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these guys?
http://www.accuratediesel.com/

Their "standard" rebuild price on a turbo pump is $285. If the hydraulic head is shot that raises the price by $200. At that point they would recommend a Stanadyne rebuilt pump at $365.
Are they good guys, or people to be avoided?

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score

DEAR GOD DON'T DO IT!!!

I had a Pensacola pump on my truck for over a year. Took them 2 tries to get a pump that actually would actually make enough power to move my truck. When I installed it I was thinking my old one wasn't that bad. However installed my moose pump yesterday, and HOLY COW WAS I WRONG! That old pump, and the Pensacola pump were crap!! My truck is a completely different beast now (honestly I was thinking of selling it, but not anymore!) that actually MOVES!

i understand that the wait time for a moose pump makes it out of the question, especially since it took something like 6 months to get mine, but DAMN was it worth it. Just stay away from Pensa"crapa" pumps.

PZ

David94IDIT

Reaction score
There is a pump on CL here locally. Asking $75.00
Here is the post, images include all hard lines. And he is willing to help install.

Pump for most Ford diesels. My truck got totaled. Pump is good.
$75 Money back guarantee. Can help install. Best to call or text 619-8 0 4 - 4 4 1 9.

search aids: injector, fuel, guaranteed

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0
image 2

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these guys?
http://www.accuratediesel.com/

Their "standard" rebuild price on a turbo pump is $285. If the hydraulic head is shot that raises the price by $200. At that point they would recommend a Stanadyne rebuilt pump at $365.
Are they good guys, or people to be avoided?

He's an honest guy and his pumps are cheap. I had problems with his pumps but he always stood behind his work. A lot of it could have been because I didn't know what I was doing yet when I used his pumps, and had my timing severely out of whack. My final pump from him was pretty decent and lasted 3 years and about 30,000 miles, but I will give him some rope because I was learning how to make biodiesel and ran that pump out of fuel a few times.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
He's an honest guy and his pumps are cheap. I had problems with his pumps but he always stood behind his work. A lot of it could have been because I didn't know what I was doing yet when I used his pumps, and had my timing severely out of whack. My final pump from him was pretty decent and lasted 3 years and about 30,000 miles, but I will give him some rope because I was learning how to make biodiesel and ran that pump out of fuel a few times.

He is up front about bio diesel. If it causes pump failure its on you. Not that any failure will be blamed on bio, but if that caused the failure, he will not cover it.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
DEAR GOD DON'T DO IT!!!

I had a Pensacola pump on my truck for over a year. Took them 2 tries to get a pump that actually would actually make enough power to move my truck. When I installed it I was thinking my old one wasn't that bad. However installed my moose pump yesterday, and HOLY COW WAS I WRONG! That old pump, and the Pensacola pump were crap!! My truck is a completely different beast now (honestly I was thinking of selling it, but not anymore!) that actually MOVES!

i understand that the wait time for a moose pump makes it out of the question, especially since it took something like 6 months to get mine, but DAMN was it worth it. Just stay away from Pensa"crapa" pumps.

PZ

A big times 2 on this. I bought a new pensacola pump, installed it and thought "maybe i didnt need that as bad as i thought". Turns out the throttle doesnt work smoothly and it lacks power. It's going to get replaced if i get around to it....

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get a turbo cal pump soon too. Does it really give any more noticeable power?

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
Okay I will just have to order a moose pump this summer then find a turbo that will keep my truck sounding like it's pissed off all the time. JUST TO MAKE THE NEIGHBOR"s MAD.