Where can I mount a Racor 1000 in the Expedition engine compartment?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure.... I know it is pretty tight under the hood of mine, it is a 6.0 but I think they take up about the same amount of room. Maybe on the passenger fender area, I think is a somewhat open spot. You may have to fab up a mount from the core support area. I think there is an open area in a similar position as the stock 6.9, 7.3 IDI fuel filter on the right front. Is there a specific way it has to be mounted?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.... I think about the only place that size would be along the sides of the core support..... The firewall is not flat/straight like on the older trucks..... it may be cramped to get in the engine bay...... I know on my X there is not a space that big in the engine bay.....

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Well, based on not having much access to use a top loader, I've decided to go with a 1-14 thread spin on filter housing instead. This way I can use mondo tractor trailer style filters and use massive ones to boot. You can get them in just about any micron rating down to 2 microns - which is what I will be using. They come in huge and smaller sizes as well - and every truck stop will have them.

Going to bypass my oem FF to use this filter as well. The housing is WIX 33528 and the filters are

wix 33674 aka Cat 1R0749 (huge)

Cat 1R0750 aka wix 33528 (short version)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent