Where can I get the best Valve Guides

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get my Turbo heads rebuilt. The Diesel Machine Shop says they usually use Cast Iron valve guides. I used to use Silicon Bronze guides in my air-cooled days because of their durability. Does anybody know which are best for the Turbo IDI and possibly a good source?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
PEP in Las Vegas.... Ask for bronzainium material... Or ask Russ (typ4) about them...

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ICANFIXALL ... Yeah I found them searching but wasn't sure they were the right place. Thanks Dude Any thoughts on Valve Springs? Are rate tested and square good enough or do I need to go with new? Should I get VS inserts under them? ... Yeah I'm popping my cherry on an IDI Rebuild. I've torn down three "good used" 7.3 engines and 5 sets of heads trying to get enough parts to build one. I call it my investment in Cast Iron Futures. The only thing that really gets to me is the sheer weight of the parts. Oh yeah, and the dis-honesty of the sellers. The fourth engine is probably going to end up in Small Claims Court over the sellers refusal to honor a written "take back" agreement. Life gets tedious, and then you get an IDI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online