Wheel spacers?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad's 88 has like 1.5" "drw" spacers/adaptors. Steel, and no problems at all. Because the adaptors have their own studs for the wheel, you are clamping near the "base" of the stud and not the end.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only experience I've had with spacers, were on my John Deere. I let another fellow use it, and he didn't check wheel lug torques at all; they weren't loose, but weren't tight. He drove the tractor into a hillside to grab a bucket of dirt, and no crap, all lug bolts snapped on both rears. It seriously shocked me, and I guess the moral is have your lugs tight; especially when running spacers; I think having them in there, with lugs that aren't tight, and it creates a shearing motion.

I just don't want it to look funny from the back once it's lifted. You can tell the rear wheels are in more then the front.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I run 2" spacers on the front... because the rear axle I swapped in is 5" wider. Hasn't been a problem.

A DRW diff is quite wide; 72" or so. Makes your rear track wider than the front a few inches.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have been running rear 2" Correct Track Spacers my truck for 10 plus years, Never a problem as long as you get quality ones. 2" Is what you need to match the front.

One thing to remember that all of the OBS 4x4 Crew Cab dually Conversions from Centurion, or Centarus had spacers front and rear, sold that way form the dealership.

http://www.arrowcraft.com/ has been selling the same dually conversion's with spacers for years.

Don't be afraid of quality spacers, just the cheap ones.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a study one time that said 1 3/4 inches was the minimum SAFE width. Anything smaller and there was not enough "meat" for the new studs. I would also choose steel construction over aluminum in this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86