Wheel base??

3rdcoastmxer

Reaction score
Does anyone know the wheel base of a regular cab long bed, and also the wheelbase of a crew cab long bed. I am curious if it is possible to cut enough frame out of the crew cab long bed and make it the same wheel base as a regular cab long bed. I am currently stewing up ideas for my mudding toy. Thanks for any help.

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
standard cab lb is 133 and a cc lb is about 3' longer, heres a pic of my old truck

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"supervert" 's pic showed it the best. the "S" bend in the frame under the cab is the biggest hurdle to clear in doing cab length mods. irregardless, for commercially done frame mods, any splice must have at least 12" of straight frame section before you splice.

3rdcoastmxer

Reaction score
Man, that is one rad looking truck! Did u say that u did this on an xcab? Jw cuz it lookis like its doneo n a reg cab long bed truck. sorry if im being dense and dont get it, lol. I really like the look!

3rdcoastmxer

Reaction score
awesome, just when I think I have an origional idea, someone on here beats me to it, haha! its good to know its possible, and looks so great!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Does anyone know the wheel base of a regular cab long bed, and also the wheelbase of a crew cab long bed. I am curious if it is possible to cut enough frame out of the crew cab long bed and make it the same wheel base as a regular cab long bed. I am currently stewing up ideas for my mudding toy. Thanks for any help.

I have a better idea. Find a good reg cab truck and trade that guy for your crew cab. They are hard to find up north here and you might make me cry if you chop one up.

3rdcoastmxer

Reaction score
well I already bought this CC, and its got a zf and ats turbo, and I am about to rebuild the motor soon. Intercooler on order as well. I cant seem to get a hold of agnem, I want to get a moose pump asap.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
well I already bought this CC, and its got a zf and ats turbo, and I am about to rebuild the motor soon. Intercooler on order as well. I cant seem to get a hold of agnem, I want to get a moose pump asap.

Give Mel some time. He's a busy man. If you sent him a PM, he'll get back to you.

I'll trade you a reg cab truck for your crew cab.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this one parked in central TX.
needs new home:D

Attachments

• 11-29-04_1406.jpg
    11-29-04_1406.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 11-29-04_1407.jpg
    11-29-04_1407.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 6

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I already have a crew cab long bed and I want a crew cab short bed like you built supervert. If I pulled a stunt like that at my apartment I would be homeless within the hour Lol. come to think of it I was almost homeless in florida for just buying my truck, the hoa had a s*it fit and sent me three letters about it being an "eyesore" so I rattle canned it flat black, bumped the pump a flat and put stacks in the bed (at least then I agreed it was an eyesore, and loud, and obnoxious!!!)

Im still laughing about it, I hate hoa's!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.