What would you pay for this truck?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you have 2700 bucks sitting just waiting to be spent, even the O/D transmission is a cheaper alternative than the GV, although admittedly, not as nice!!

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I'd keep lookin. It took me 6 mo's to find my 93. But I got everything I wanted 92+IDI, Turbo, ZF5,except bucket seats. Now remedied

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I agree - I'd keep looking too. I'm not just saying that because I think you should buy my truck either.

The C6 will kill you mileage wise, as well as comfort. I don't like the 87-91 front end and interior, and there's a lot of unknowns, like mileage, SCA, ect.

Wait till you find what you want. What do you want anyway?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
What do I want?
i'd really like a crew cab, 4x4, DRW, auto w/od i guess? :confused:

maybe like this?

a 86 ford f350 4x4 im not wanting to sell it but somethings have come up and i need the money. the truck has 135k original miles pulled from carfax. has aftermarket wheels and has had nothing done to it has 4 speed and im getting new clucth put in this week. im wanting 5000 obo.. price is completely negotiable. Update:08.10.06 New clutch,flywheel,master cylinder,slave cylinder, clutch line,throw out bearing,shift fork and rear main seal. so basicly every thing in the clutch system also new lucas in the tranny.

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
You'll be happier in the long run, if you wait till you find the 'RIGHT' truck.
'Cause you know what will happen, don't ya?
As soon as you buy something cause it was convienient, the perfect truck will come along. Then you'll be kickin yerself in the a$$

82fordtruck

Reaction score
If that's what you want, you need to look at SRW CC 4x4's. You can convert to dually much easier than you can convert to 4x4.

One word of advice - if you want to do much off roading, duallies are very bad at it, and the long wheelbase 4x4 isn't too usful as you can bottom out too easily. You're also restricted on tires a lot more with a dually. I consider a 4x4 dually, especially a long one, really only about as capable as a regular 2x4. Lots of weight helps out though.

That truck has had a paint job, who knows what it's hiding, and mileage is always really unknown, because it could have 350k miles instead of 150k miles. Also, the older body style really dates it a lot. If you're seriously considering that truck, mine is a better deal, IMHO. But, you can't really get 4x4 out of mine or one like it without big money.

Converting to a dually takes a new axle and bed, front wheel hubs, and wheels and tires. Converting to 4x4 takes a whole new front suspension, transfer case, transmission sometimes, and a lot of work.

I want a 4x4 dually reg cab, and when I sell my truck, will look for a 4x4 f350. I don't even care if it's diesel. Then, I can get the dually parts. I'll be going to flatbed, so may not have to swap the axle (I'm not sure of the width difference).

82fordtruck

Reaction score
h2odrx said:
What do I want?
i'd really like a crew cab, 4x4, DRW, auto w/od i guess? :confused:

maybe like this?

a 86 ford f350 4x4 im not wanting to sell it but somethings have come up and i need the money. the truck has 135k original miles pulled from carfax. has aftermarket wheels and has had nothing done to it has 4 speed and im getting new clucth put in this week. im wanting 5000 obo.. price is completely negotiable. Update:08.10.06 New clutch,flywheel,master cylinder,slave cylinder, clutch line,throw out bearing,shift fork and rear main seal. so basicly every thing in the clutch system also new lucas in the tranny.

That'd be a good start, much better than the other one.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I like the 86, that is a nice looking truck plus you can't find the CC 4x4's in that old body style. Looks Cool!

I have done a dually conversion last year for a customer. It is a real nice setup and done with spacers. Here is a link to that post with pics and prices.

http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8276&highlight=dually+conversion

Like Mike said, it easier to do a dually conversion than a 4x4 conversion.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
h2odrx said:
yea i found that at the stop he has it listed as a dana 60 front and rear?

That sounds right. Ford didn't put the 10.25 rear axle in until 1985, I believe. Before that, it was dana 60 rear. Dana 60 in front is what you want though.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
hey also wrote this?

"my truck is completely original all the way to the exhaust. hee hee.. i just put all new cluch system from the master cylinder to the flywheel. i had to replace the injector caps because the hoses were so brittle fuel would leak thru them sitting over 3 4 days. oh yea can you belive shes still running the stock injector pump so all those people who say the pumps good for 75k are not right. I live in north texas dfw area."

maybe i want a SRW?

Last edited:

82fordtruck

Reaction score
h2odrx said:
hey also wrote this?

"my truck is completely original all the way to the exhaust. hee hee.. i just put all new cluch system from the master cylinder to the flywheel. i had to replace the injector caps because the hoses were so brittle fuel would leak thru them sitting over 3 4 days. oh yea can you belive shes still running the stock injector pump so all those people who say the pumps good for 75k are not right. I live in north texas dfw area."

maybe i want a SRW?

what a crackpot!

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
CC's are great, but you better know what your getting into. It's like driving a small schoolbus around. Imagine driving a school bus down a forest trail.

Also, the 92+ are MUCH more refined. They ride,handle,and are just more comfortable than the oleder trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin