What would you pay for this truck?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Ok i found this local

1989 F350 crew, DRW, C-6, 4.10 rear, runs and drives great. is $4000 too much?

Last edited:

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
depends on mileage and condition (what if anything needs replaced), but i like the paint job (big yellow truck fan). looks like a good deal to me.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Have you seen it in person? The tag under the driver headlight almost looks like EFI and not diesel.

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must admit, I'm with Joe. The diesel emblem would be longer and extend further across air deflector.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
i think i remember the emblem is broke. yes i drove it was screaming at 55 so i say 4.10 rear it sounded good and this guy was clueless about diesels, he got it from stealership where it was a local trade. I just have never seen it around town. we found it on autotrader today i think he is asking some where around 5k? the blue book is 4500?

here is where it was at.

Truck

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
H2, you need to be sure of SCA history before you plunk down that kind of money for a used 7.3 as its in the danger zone for cavitation. Other than that, no rust and no bad sounds or obvious need for major repairs I would say 4K is about right, CC diesel duallys go for a bit more. Be advised, you'll need either to do a gear swap or be prepared to drive in teh slow lane and live with fuel mileage in teh 10-14mpg range. good luck,
J.D.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Diesel JD said:
H2, you need to be sure of SCA history before you plunk down that kind of money for a used 7.3 as its in the danger zone for cavitation. Other than that, no rust and no bad sounds or obvious need for major repairs I would say 4K is about right, CC diesel duallys go for a bit more. Be advised, you'll need either to do a gear swap or be prepared to drive in teh slow lane and live with fuel mileage in teh 10-14mpg range. good luck,
J.D.

Yes SCA is what i first asked about and the guy was clueless about diesels and said he would try to find out from the PO. the day i test drove it he said it had been setting for a few days, it fired right up with little to no visable smoke?
I like the truck but as you said the 4.10 is a draw back?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4.10s may be a drawback....or maybe not either. I'm assuming you have a junk truck laying around, if you have 3.55s in it and you don't mind using the axle out of it you could just swap it out of your dead truck. If you can do U-Bolts and drum brakes you can do the swap, I couldn't, so I had a qualified mechanic help me. It is a screamer with the 4.10s but it will pull anything at about 55-60mph. Good luck whatever you decide to do.
J.D.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 4.10s in mine and I like them a lot. Does 70 at about 2300 rpm and gets about 16 mpg. Its a good looking truck.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.10s aren't bad with a ZF5 or if you have a GV overdrive or similar. With a C6 auto you have no overdrive, so your rpms will be very high very quick with the C6 and 4.10s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin