what to time with

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
okay well my truck had a new ip and injectors put in it by the po he had a dodge dealer do itcookoo :confused: im not sure why. when he sold the truck he told me that it just didnt have the same power any more. i looked at where the injection pump was today lines on the cover and the pump line up so i am thinking that they just threw it on and never really timed it. what do you guys use to time these trucks. i see some people say there are a few snap on timing lights to do this or some sort of pulse adapter and some on told me to look for a for rotunda box which is the best?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Where are you located? Maybe someone from the forum coud help You out.

Some use a timing meter with a pulse adapter on the injector line, other use the same meter with a lumi probe and some use the rotunda meter. As far as I know they are all pretty much the same, now there is a member on this forum that made a webpage with all the info You need to time an IP, very GOOD.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
i have called a few places but none really sound like they know what they are doing. two places said that there was no such thing as timing on a diesel cookoo others didnt have the right equipment they said they can time it by ear :bs so ill keep looking

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny they think you just line up the lines and that's it. That may be good enough to get it to run but i'd rather have it to spec. I'm not even looking for someone to do it, just let me borrow the probe.:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can do it for you if you want to make the trip.

range ridin

Reaction score
anyone close to ranger texas who can do this. maybe we can throw on a brisket and throw back a adult beverage when we are done.