What to pull at the wrecking yard?

MoonDog

Reaction score
A few days ago I stumbled across a relatively untouched '88 E250 with a 7.3. This seems like a pretty rare find up in these areas, what kind of used parts would you guys snap up if you had the chance?

I'm going back to pull the radiator just so I can hide it away on a shelf, but how about the IP? Injectors? any electronics like cruise or ABS (which don't work in my truck :mad: ) good to get ahold of?

Tate

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Rad supports are kind of hard to come by. Injecton pump. Hard injector lines,(and clips). Fuel filter assembly, GP controler, tach sensor,

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an "E" 250, as in a van? Most parts are going to be different than a pickup truck, besides the basic motor and transmission assembly.

Maybe the IP and injector lines if you can get them cheap. Injectors aren't worth pulling. But really I can't think of anything worth buying just to keep "just in case" unless you could get the whole motor cheap.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moon dog if it is at u pullit, tell them it is a mechanical fuel pump, I got mine for 6.50 lines and all, tigard. Definately get the ip because cores are scarce.

dreadhed

Reaction score
I could use some radiator supports for my van. Would you be willing to pull them if I payed you for you time & shipping?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
leave it all there, I got a box van full of sh^t I probably will never use, and cant seem to get rid of.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it all!! *hissssss*

Until you can't see your kitchen floor, you still got room for more parts.

I'm in a 150sq. ft. dorm room right now--with two smallish toolboxes, a skid plate, and a broken bellhousing. I just tell myself there's still good aluminum in the bellhousing (it makes me shake my own head).

MoonDog

Reaction score
Mr_Roboto: Yes it's a van, and I was only thinking of the engine. Sorry I should have been more specific.

typ4: yes, it's the U-pull it on foster Rd, in Portland. It looks like they're all being changed over to Foster Auto Parts? Thanks for the tip though! Mechanical pump it is... ;Sweet

Dreadhead, I'll see if I can sneak the supports out attached to teh radiator and let you know,

There is plenty of floor space where I'm at, things could get out of hand pretty quick if I don't watch myself!

dreadhed

Reaction score
Dreadhead, I'll see if I can sneak the supports out attached to teh radiator and let you know,
Right on. I appreciate it:thumbsup: I doing a ram air experiment & I hate to cut up my only good supports & not have some back ups just in case.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until you can't see your kitchen floor, you still got room for more parts.

I'm in a 150sq. ft. dorm room right now--with two smallish toolboxes, a skid plate, and a broken bellhousing. I just tell myself there's still good aluminum in the bellhousing (it makes me shake my own head).
You sound like my grandfather LOL

How many roommates do you have in that dorm room? And, how are they taking it?

Actually, that sort of sounds like how my room was when I was doing the head gaskets/turbo on my truck :shocked: my (now ex) girlfriend was NOT happy...

MoonDog, is the fuel filter mount that bolts onto the intake manifold still in place? If so, if you're able to snag that, I wouldn't complain ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online