What to keep from 6.9?

Flatbedford

Reaction score
I have a 6.9 4spd drivetrain that I've been trying to sell off. I posted in the classified here. So far I've had only one bite, but shipping kept the deal from closing. I've got to get this thing out of the driveway. I figure I'll keep the transmission because it's small and light enough to move around and store, and pull some parts off the engine before I take it to the scrap yard. What's worth keeping from one of these? I don't need anything, but I'll try to sell off anything that other guys may want.
I hope I don't break any rules by posting a link to my classified add.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19564

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I have a 6.9 4spd drivetrain that I've been trying to sell off. I posted in the classified here. So far I've had only one bite, but shipping kept the deal from closing. I've got to get this thing out of the driveway. I figure I'll keep the transmission because it's small and light enough to move around and store, and pull some parts off the engine before I take it to the scrap yard. What's worth keeping from one of these? I don't need anything, but I'll try to sell off anything that other guys may want.
I hope I don't break any rules by posting a link to my classified add.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19564

Oooooo I'm telling you are one of us breaking the rules!!!!-cuss

I'd keep the heads, IP, Injectors, oil cooler, filter head, gee i'd keep the whole thing. If you don't need it? try to part it out?:thumbsup:

Or you could stuff it in the 70!

Flatbedford

Reaction score
I've got to get the several hundred pound chunk of iron out of the driveway. I'm looking to keep small, light-weight, and easily shipable stuff to try and sell off.
I know somebody who has been stuffing one of these into a '71 F250 since August. It's not so easy. I thought about it for about a minute. One day, I'll just get myself a diesel truck.

Last edited:

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
good working condition? id say a couple hundred or so for the ip and lines. rebuilt is like 4-500 right?

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good working condition? id say a couple hundred or so for the ip and lines. rebuilt is like 4-500 right?
Rebuilt IP from Napa is about $350-$400, but as a core the IP is still worth $100-$150, even if it is totally shot. So, somewhere in between $100 and $350 depending on age & mileage.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
If you decide to pull the heads.....loosen then them slowly ( 1/4 turn at a time) in reverse sequence, or all you'll have saved is 160 lbs of cast iron