What kind of mileage do you put on your truck?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I just picked up a short term gig and will be putting about 110 miles per day on, 6 days a week for the next two weeks. That's 1320 miles in the next two weeks with the possibility of a few extra days at the end. Its been a while since I have traveled like that but I have done it in the past.

So, lets hear the kind of mileage that folks put on their rigs. Some like Darrin and Mel may not put on in a year what I will travel in the next two weeks, some do this every day I presume.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I'm putting about 100ish miles a month on her. Unless I have to haul something, or one of my friends does, she pretty much sits in the driveway.

I try to take her to work at least once a week, just to keep her juices flowing.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 94 generally gets less than 5 K per year, but my 85 is loaned out as a delivery truck and gets about 600 miles per week on it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just drove 500 miles...or there bouts, to New Westminister and back...left Friday, got back last night.

Just my usual pre MR Gasket fuel pump filter troubles. Enough that I have now got angry enough to start working out where to fab two mounts one for the RACOR FG 500 and secondly and most importantly, WHERE to mount a Carrier pump! I've had enough of this crap! Time to deal with it ....

Oh ya, and order a NEW rear tank too, no more ***** tanks with gunk varnish in them that somehow clogs filters...lots n lots of filters...LOL

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
until the beginning of May, every tuesday i put about 150 miles on my truck. home>work>home>school>home. VERY frequent trips to the fuel pump. Fill up monday morning and i need to fill up wednesday morning, or wed night at the latest. Between work and school this semester i am driving a lot.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive about 25,000 miles per year. I put about 8000 on my idi since I bought it, and about 20,000 on my work truck last year. I buy a lot of fuel.....

There were several weeks last year that I put 800 or 900 miles a week on my trucks.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a trip earlier last month 2000 miles total using WMO with no additive and a lousy fuel delivery setup and I used up 130 gallons.

Hate to say it but I expexted more. Since then I have corrected fuel delivery issue and the engine responds much better now so I expect better result's.
Cost of WMO per gallon is about .20 cent's so I cant really complain. But I am! shooting for 20+mpg.

Javier

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just depends on the day, some days 20 miles others can be several hundred. i probably average out to about 350 miles a week.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I have put about 8k in the last year after rebuilding the engine, I drive about 50 miles a day for work but I have parked the truk for a couple of due to fuel cost and I just bought a E300 Diesel Mercedes Benz that gets better fuel mileage than the truck and the dang fuel guage still needs to get fixed. So my girl and I traded for now.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I do about 80 miles a day. Five days a week.

I see about 17 mpg average low, and around 19 mpg average high.

Payload has a lot to do with mileage. I was carrying a spare tire, 8 gallons of water, bin with assorted parts, hoses, oil, every tool needed for every imaginable repair, etc... and running closer to 17.

Dumped all that stuff in the carport and now the last few fillups I have been seeing closer to 19 mpg averages.

A Triple-A card is much lighter to carry with you... :D

Not advocating light/ill equipped travel on unimproved roads or backcountry... of course! When I go fishing up in the sierras I still carry everything needed for survival and then some.

;Sweet

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
My truck is a driveway queen. I use it for deliveries, but have very few. About 3000 miles last year, including the trip to San Jose for Towcat's GTG.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15-20k per year.
wishing i could be in my little 30+ mpg beater car every time i leave the yard with it lol.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is also a driveway queen most of the time. I drive it once a month at least just to put miles on it, but it tows my race car about 4-5k miles a year. Its getting a new paint job this year. I'll post pics when it is done.