What is this?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since no one else is speaking up....

Cruise control.

;):rotflmao

dan-o

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I was too lazy (Old and Fat, and sweaty, actually) to climb around that hot compartment and trace it out. This forum sure brings out the "Screw it, I'll just post it" in me, at times.
I WAS tracing the vacuum lines to try and find out why my heater wasn't working and the Mrs. asked me what it was. I don't like to lie to (unless I HAVE to.)

Oh, BTW, the heater temp. control cable was stuck and the previous owners forced it and appear to have either broken the plastic housing in the module, or the little blue locking tab that goes into the module to hold the cable sheath.

I'll try and lube the cable up and then try and figure out a way to re-attach it to the module so I can control the cold/hot mixture of the heater. Even though it was 102 today, cold weather is coming and I hate being cold more than being hot. Such is life.

One more thing...
A guy walks into a bar and orders two hurricanes and a corona. The bartender says: "That'll be 20.20"

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The neat ratz nest of wire?

C.c. Servo

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I was too lazy (Old and Fat, and sweaty, actually) to climb around that hot compartment and trace it out. This forum sure brings out the "Screw it, I'll just post it" in me, at times.
I WAS tracing the vacuum lines to try and find out why my heater wasn't working and the Mrs. asked me what it was. I don't like to lie to (unless I HAVE to.)

Oh, BTW, the heater temp. control cable was stuck and the previous owners forced it and appear to have either broken the plastic housing in the module, or the little blue locking tab that goes into the module to hold the cable sheath.

I'll try and lube the cable up and then try and figure out a way to re-attach it to the module so I can control the cold/hot mixture of the heater. Even though it was 102 today, cold weather is coming and I hate being cold more than being hot. Such is life.

One more thing...
A guy walks into a bar and orders two hurricanes and a corona. The bartender says: "That'll be 20.20"
LOL:Thumbs Up

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cruise control never worked since I've owned the truck.

What did work, was cutting the cable with a cutoff wheel and stealing the plastic parts off the throttle cable after the turbo melted it hundreds of miles from home. The cruise control cable was thicker and worked great as an emergency backup throttle cable!

On a friends idi his cable snapped from rust so I told him to tie the throttle at a good half or two thirds power and limp it home, works great on a manual transmission:)

Are there any good guides on diagnosing the cruise control?

dan-o

Reaction score
I'm just spit balling, but it sure looks like the cruise control works via vacuum and as such I would first do a check of the vacuum system.