What is this IDI F-350 Worth?

fordboy324

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___F350-Diesel-4x4-Banks-Turbo_W0QQitemZ320305198471QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320305198471&_trkparms=72%3A727|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Whats this thing worth? I know it needs some work...What kind of prices would I be looking at for repairs(estimate)? I now have to buy a new truck due to the ex girlfriend having my title in her name....grrr!And she got my favorite thing....My 8" stack!

Thanks guys!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
First off, that totally sucks your ex got the truck.

To fix it yourself wouldn't cost to awful much, just a lot of time. But I would buy it up at that price in a heartbeat ;Sweet. I probably wouldnt pay over $2000 with that amount of body rot on it, but we dont see that much over here anyways. Plus that thing has a Dana 60!!!! Buy that thing man, you have to :D. To have a shop fix it all it would cost a crap load from all the labor, probably at least a couple grand. And I have no idea what the heck is going on on the front end there, is that the frame sticking out?

fordboy324

Reaction score
Ha yes it has been nothing but hell without my truck. Im 17 and I gave up high school for this girl and she lived with me for over a year...but ehh what can you do? Enough of my problems.

I dont know how to do much as far injection pump and all that. How much does a re-man cost? I know that thing has body rot but the only thing that isnt replaceable is the cab and I could just cut that out. First things I would do would be the pump(obvious) The exhuast hangs down a little low so i would fix that and I found a 7" tip on ebay that adapts to a 5" ( I have a thing with big tips and stacksLOL)! Then I would try and fix the glow plug problem...not really a problem with me because I come home every night and could plug it in. Then some rims and tires because those stock steelies arent cutting it and those little tires...haha

And the "frame" sticking out is actually a plow mount. It looks goofy as shi*! That would be the first thing I would do! I see potential in this truck just have to check and see how much I can come up with a 1000-1500$ as I am 17 years old ya know?

Thanks for the quick reply! Anyone else feel free to post!;Sweet

zpd307

Reaction score
not to put salt in a wound, but i will. you left high school for a girl........? sorry dude, but at 17 i was still an idiot and made some bad choices. not very many people are in it for the long hall, at any age let alone 17. anyway, sorry and hopefully lesson learned. good luck with the truck. everyone here has a lot of good info for you when you need it. i would start researching the prices for everything that needs fixing. doing the repairs yourself will save you big. ps, get your ass back in school so you can get a good job in the future!

fordboy324

Reaction score
Yes BIG mistake and learned a hell of a lot from it. I was caught up in something and mad bad choices. Im actually in classes right now at a community college for a GED and I am strongly considering the ARMY. How hard is an injection pump to do? How hard is it to turn one up. I bought my previous IDI with the things already done to it so I was lucky!

zpd307

Reaction score
good boy! the army will open some doors for you, as long as you survive. veterans preference points mean a lot on government jobs. i should know, i have one. anyway. turning up the pump is not hard. but tedious. there is such a small place to work with when its on the motor. replacing doesnt seem that hard. read the idi tech articles to get a feel for them.

fordboy324

Reaction score
Will do! I know I have heard of a "moose pump". Now Im not exactly "new" to this site but I dont know any body on here. I have heard a guy named Mel makes them. Are they really worth it? What do they seem to run? Thanks for the replies by the way!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont think the pump will be to awful bad to do....someone should chime in on how to do it exactly. A rebuilt one should cost like $400. A moose pump will definatly help a ton with performance, but its more expensive than a rebuilt one. Yes, Mel is the guy to talk to about it, his user name is Agnem. Turning up a pump is really simple, especially if the pump is out of the truck cause it would be easier to turn the screw inside.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Hardest part about turning the pump up is getting it lined up so the allen wrench will fit. I had to mod an allen wrench to fit & use a small socket to slide over the wrench to get more leverage since the screw is rather tight.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a very easy way of lining up the fuel screw, you pull the front cover on the IP gear housing above the water pump and crank the engine till the gear alignment dowel gets to the 12:00 position (or in my case 11:55 cause my pump is advanced), then when you open the side access cover the fuel screw will be right there waiting for ya :D And I use the small socket trick too, shove the long end of the allen wrench in the pump and then slip a 6mm 3/8-drive socket on the short end and use that for leverage, works every time.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
HA! That thing isnt rusted. You guys are too spoiled. I'd buy that in a heart beat. Its got a 5spd, so you're FAR ahead of your other truck already in the fact that you no longer have that suicidal E4OD. Only thing you need to worry about is the DMF going bad on it, unless it has a SMF conversion.

I didnt read the whole description on that truck so Im unsure of all its problems. But if its limited to a bad IP thats a piece of cake. I can change an IP in less than 3 hours these days. The one VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember is to turn the motor over to TDC (O*), pull the IP timing cover inspection plate and make a witness mark in the inside edge of the opening, for the center line of the bolt head at the 6 o'clock position, and for the pin that would be at about half past 4 o'clock. Doing this will ensure you can correctly position the IP gear on the cam gear if you happened to knock it off a cog while pulling the IP housing off.
Midwest fuel injection is about the best place I can think of for good reman pumps. Pensacola Diesel is a good cheap place for NEW injectors at a cheap price. I would highly recommend replacing the injectors at the same time as the IP, as well as install a new return line kit.