You must be registered for see images

With either my Raptor

Or my Deserter GS inside

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many trailer wrecks have you guys been to? I've been to tons and tons. Usually it's because some ******* has either no trailer brakes, not enough truck or too heavy of a trailer. I know everyone wants to be macho and brag about how much their truck will pull, but do you ever think about the innocent people you are putting at risk?
Where in the US is it legal to be over 13'6"? I guess I'd better get the hell out of this forum. I thought it would be interesting but its depressing. What a bunch of redneck morons.

y-knot

Reaction score
First things first.......The picture with the blue Yamaha Raptor is sick, love it!

To Charlan.....the people at Diesel Truck Resource SUCK I can not stand the ******** Jack Thorpp!

I to do not like people that do not hual in a safe and leagal maner. I have seen many wrecks and most time it is to big of a load for the truck they have (most happen with 3/4 or 1 ton SRW and a gooseneck or fiver)

Now that I feel much better ..... This is our trailer It is a 36' tri-axle gooseneck called the EDGE by Halmark. It is used to transport our three Quads (Raptor,Lacota,Blaster) and or Ford pre-runner desert truck. It was built with a extra high kick-up to accomidate the lifted Dodge CTD. The front is a lounge with refrigerator,TV,Dvd,ac/heat,queen bed,day bed/sleeper. All cabinets are aluminum with polished fronts. Trailer weights 12,500lb with just quads, and about 16,000lbs with pre-runner and quads. Tows great, and all three axles have brakes.

Last edited:

SEmerson

Reaction score
:fight: Did you think he might have had a oversize permit??? He did not mention how far he had to go and that it is a park model.
Just thought you jumped before you thought. And by the way you can go as high as you want when in a park.... I guess unless your scared of hights :moon:

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am scared of heights. Especially things like bridge overpasses. So far I've been lucky, the only thing I've hit is a traffic light suspended from a wire. I didnt have to pay for it because it was under the legal limit of 15 feet. Unfortunately because I was the one who hit it and I was over 13'6", its going on my record as an at-fault accident. So now my ******* insurance company is going to jack my rates. They raised them last year after somebody rearended my company truck! Took me a month of fighting with them to get it changed.

Last year I went through the old tunnel in Boston at 13'7", sign says 13'9". Me and a Mass. State Trooper decided it wasn't a good idea and that I wouldn't do it again.

Last edited:

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Y-Knot, got a queston regarding that trailer. I've asked camper salesmen before and just got a blank stare, so maybe an owner would know. The campers I've looked at that incorporate a place to haul ATVs place the ATVs all the way at the back. My two are both big heavy 4x4 utilities with a combined weight approaching a ton. Putting all or most of this weight behind the trailer axles seems like a bad idea to me. Unless the trailer were somehow counterbalanced, wouldnt it unload the trailer tongue weight, causing excessive sway? If yours holds three they must go in line up the middle right? I think that would be better than the kind I was thinking of getting, that puts two side by side. Right now I have two tow vehicles, I haul the 8000lb camper with my dually and the little woman hauls the ATVS on a 14 ft landscape trailer.

BTW, your truck sure sounds sweet. Is that a dually?

EXSTROKER

Reaction score
BIG LOADS

OK first if you have the rong trailer yes it can be bad
because of axcyle placement it can take the waight off
the front. so the ones that are ment to haul real heavy
stuff the wheeles are placed farther back to carry it beter
but lots of tung waight wen empty....
wish this fourm had spell check!!!
:confused:
Now about little sahara...
We shud make a meet up thair... im going last week in
april...I ride a kfx 700

rubberfish

Reaction score
Re: BIG LOADS

Originally posted by EXSTROKER

wish this fourm had spell check!!!
:confused:
If you're real worried about it you can always open Word, then copy and paste to here, but I wouldn't worry about it 'cause none of us give a crap about spelling and typos:)
It's all about :drunk: -Showtits ;burnout

themoose

The Moose is Loose
Reaction score
Re: BIG LOADS

Now about little sahara...
We shud make a meet up thair... im going last week in
april...I ride a kfx 700

I'm going to try to get up there in March for sure, I'm not sure when the April trip will be.
I'm going to meet a couple of guys from The ATV Compound up there, it's a great ATV site, check it out!!
We usually post our trips there so we can see who else is going.
I camp in the Cowboy camp, the pull throughs make it nice with the trailer.

I rode a V Force up there last year, it had Elka shocks & was like riding an easy chair!!
real comfortable ride!!

Last edited:

Dodgeman101

Sled ******
Reaction score
What do I haul?

Any thing I want,..... but mostly hay , Equipment, scrap metal, wood. Heaviest gross to date was 32,880 lbs and that was a load of big squares.

Dodgeman101

Attachments

• 1-18-04 001.jpg
    1-18-04 001.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 227