What did you do with your diesel conversion today?

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Doesnt look like we have one of these in this section. So I figured I'd float one and see how it goes.

I did my first oil change, 5k on the odometer, prolly closer to 6k actual since my speedo didnt work for a while. Put in one of the Rotella oil filters you can get at walmart. They seem decent.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i looked at all 3 of them, but i didnt do a damn thing.
work, and sanding kept me busy.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Mostly just driving mine now, looking it over and getting ready to pull my 5th wheel through the mountains.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting the a/c up and running ;Sweet

You might want to update your signature; that doesn't look much like a 7.3L IDI turbo to me ;Poke :sly :angel:

Yeah, figured it would be easier to just leave it rather than explain what didnt change if I have a problem with the rest of the truck.

The 12 valve has been in for about a year now. I love it. Only way to go. The towing is fantastic!

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mostly just driving mine now, looking it over and getting ready to pull my 5th wheel through the mountains.

You must be registered for see images attach

When did you buy your radiator? Looks like a Spectra?

subway

Reaction score
It's one from autozone, I was going to go champion but I needed one in a pinch. It came slightly damaged but has worked well. I am not sure they sell aluminum ones anymore though.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a dream about my diesel conversions, still looking locally for smallblock ZF to finish the parts collection for the sport trac. the powerstoke shorty van is too far ahead to get excited about yet.

love that Dt360 subway

subway

Reaction score
I just had a dream about my diesel conversions, still looking locally for smallblock ZF to finish the parts collection for the sport trac. the powerstoke shorty van is too far ahead to get excited about yet.

love that Dt360 subway
Thanks!

Just got back from over 600 miles out and back through the Appalachian Mountains. I really need an overdrive but otherwise I never had to back off the throttle or worry about pushing it hard. Without cooling fans I never saw temps over 200, most of the time it was in the 170 to 180 zone.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish the DT 360 were more common here, have only seen a handful in the last 10yrs and only in school busses. when they are worn out here they all get sold and shipped to south America in containers.

DT360 is one little bulletproof engine, makes the 5.9cummins look like a disposable diesel. can't believe Navistar didn't do more with this engine instead of jumping into the small V8 diesels. it had so much potential! :dunno:kick:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DT360 is one little bulletproof engine, makes the 5.9cummins look like a disposable diesel. can't believe Navistar didn't do more with this engine instead of jumping into the small V8 diesels. it had so much potential! :dunno:kick:
I'm guessing the small V8 diesels were cheaper to build and sell to Ford, and that was the main driving factor...

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
oh that would have been super cool if the dt360 had ended up being an option in some sort of heavy duty "plus" trim level.