What did you break on your truck today

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of "what did you do with your truck today" I propose what did you break on your truck today. Seems like every time I fix something I accidentally break something, it's to be expected on a 25 y/o truck. This is meant to be light hearted, not serious btw.
Replacing the fipl bracket screws that some gorilla with an impact put on I completely stripped them out. Managed to get one out with vice grips, the other no go so I was lightly tapping with a chisel and hammer trying to get it to turn and my hand slipped and smashed right into the return lines busting off two of the plastic t's. Sigh. One step forward two steps back.

gandalf

Reaction score
I haven't broken anything on my truck today either. I haven't driven it yet. I'll be taking it down to Morgan Hill later on, though. The day isn't over. One thing I'm certainly not going to break on the truck is the Land Speed Record.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can update this thread as applicable, but I'm certainly not going to say when I haven't broken anything because we all know what happens when we say that... SURPRISE LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
my thermostat.....spiked the temp and shot coolant out the cap before i knew what was going on cruising some back roads.

fortunately after i caught on i was lucky enough to be able to run the heat full blast in 95 deg temps with full humidity to keep the engine temp in check and under 200. i tried turning the heater off going down the road and it started to climb right back up the gauge...........

at least it should be a simple fix.

Tumbleweed210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was doing the front fuel tank shower head, and the extension mod...and somehow...er, uh...the plastic vent piece got broke.

And of course I didn't see the Gremlin runnin' away til AFTER I got the tank back up in and 90percent done.

So then, in an effort to "one-up" the little green guy...I promptly snapped the end off that little mushroom lookin' breather plug for the rear differential!!!;Sweet

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I came home for lunch today. As I was walking up the driveway,I noticed a large wet spot underneath my 1981 F150. As I got closer, I actually saw a drop hit the driveway. I looked underneath and saw that it was dripping underneath the engine crossmember and what was on the ground was gas. I raised the hood hoping for a cracked rubber fuel line. Nope! There was gas sitting on top of the fuel pump so apparently it's leaking from the seam where the two parts are put together. I replaced it a few years back because of the same thing! I decided to try to bypass the fuel pump and run my emergency electric pump for a while so I can order a new pump online and wait for it to get here instead of trying to find it locally at a high priced parts store. I guess I technically didn't break this, but it's now broken. AGAIN!