What company makes good affordable shocks for these trucks?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I was driving one of the work trucks yesterday and it needs shocks in a bad way, but I know that they won't jump on the $250 pricetag of bilstiens, the suspension is worn and the truck was bouncing like a rubber ball :puke: -cuss I thought for a minute I might get to meet god yesterday cookoo

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check advance auto parts... you can get Monroe shocks for these trucks starting at around $17 - $18 each

I'd say that even a cheap $17 shock is better than what sounds like nothing on the truck you were driving.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
A good choice is the Monroe RV shocks. About $25.00 each at NAPA. I put them on my MH and like them a lot, good control but not harsh riding.

Jim

Boobylinks

Reaction score
Appropriate shocks.

Go to www.monroe.com and step through their shock matching links to see which fits your work vehicle's expected duties. As the previous message state, any shock is better than none. I just put in thier Reflex 911055 for the front axle and decided on their Sensatrack 58591 (coil over shock) load adjusting shocks for the rear axle. In my particular case, I chose Airlift Air Springs over Monroe's Air-Max air adjustable shocks since I'll be hauling a substantial amount of weight within the bed (pickup bed camper).

If the bottom shock mount bracket holes are elongated from the shock rattling around, you'll want to take the truck in to a shop to repair the holes for the bottom bolt to have a tight fit, or do it yourself as was the case in my situation.

BKahler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tonkadoctor said:
Check advance auto parts... you can get Monroe shocks for these trucks starting at around $17 - $18 each

I'd say that even a cheap $17 shock is better than what sounds like nothing on the truck you were driving.

I bought my shocks at O'Reiley's for $13.99 each. They are gas filled and guaranteed for life. My truck only gets driven a few times a month and couldn't justify the high dollar shocks. Got them installed and just got back from a $3700 mile round trip from Arkansas to Lake George NY and back. Ride seemed just fine with the cheapy shocks.

I've got a bunch of questions to ask after taking the trip but will put them in a separate post.

Brad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online