What about a diesel event in nm?

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a diesel event here in nm. I think that it would have a really good turn out and would be alot of fun maybe have it set up for all different kinds of diesels to come and pull and just show off there truck wat do you think?:dunno

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in. We might even pry Tom from Edgewood away from work long enough to attend. And I know two others with IDI's here in NM.

Ryan

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would like to go to that, keep us updated.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Albuquerque. If the timing was right I might drive it and visit family too. Maybe around ballon fiesta time?

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im not sure but maybe you could give me some times that would be good for you and maybe a i could figure one out. I know we have a drag strip here in carlsbad and that we could probably use it to have truck pulls and to race. but if you know of a better place let me know. Im not sure of the time

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well im not sure but maybe you could give me some times that would be good for you and maybe a i could figure one out. I know we have a drag strip here in carlsbad and that we could probably use it to have truck pulls and to race. but if you know of a better place let me know. Im not sure of the time

Just pick a date and start calling local attractions and schedule some events. The best way to make it happen is just to take the reigns and get it organized. This is how the Eastern IDI rallies got started. If you're not careful, this could be the Western version of the Yearly IDI rally.;Sweet

The question is........do you do a one day get together or do a weekend event. If you're doing a weekend event......where are guys staying? Campgrounds/hotels in the area are a good place to start.

I'm in the throws of hosting the 2009 IDI Rally and if I can help you in any way, let me know.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and by the way. The BOOB (Brotherhood of Oilburners) site is already set up for discussions/planning of a Western IDI Rally/Weekend and is what that site is really for.:thumbsup:

Heath

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I MIGHT be interested in coming out. Would be driving in from Riverside, California. If it is anytime soon, I would be in my car or on a bike as my truck is down for a while. Personally, I like camping on BLM land... nobody bugs you and no fees. Also in NM, there is plenty. Only downside is that you have to provide everything you want/need which means you need your own water storage, food prep, etc.

91ford7.3td1in

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will check into it we do have places to bring a camper and motels and things like that so i will check into it and set a date probably sometime in august or september and ill look for places to have the races and pulls so there are lots of places here to do things like that;Sweet i will keep everybody informed on my progress with it :D:D:D;Sweet Western IDI weekend ;Sweet Carlsbad is down in the southeastern corner near roswell and hobbs

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I'm in. We might even pry Tom from Edgewood away from work long enough to attend. And I know two others with IDI's here in NM.

Ryan

We'll see. Summers are pretty busy for me. If I did make it to Carlsbad, it would be in the DMax. I could bring a collection of diesels if it were in the Abq area.:rotflmao

I'm thinking next month there will be some BBQing and beer drinking at the Eklund household with the arrival of a new family member.;Sweet

91ford7.3
Ryan and I have discussed this very topic several times. Good luck and keep us posted. We are both very busy (Ryan is about to get busier) and, in the past, there has not been enough interest to put a plan together. I think if you were to consider the Abq area, there would be more to do. At least over the course of several days. I could be wrong, I've only been to Carlsbad a couple of times.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online