well,it is mine!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Now the fun part of having it hauled down here since there are a few issues.Like no mirrors,No marker lights,No horns,OLD bias tires that have been holding the exact same 10 patches of dirt down for God knows how many years,Air leak behind the engine,brakes are sticking and I REALLY don't want to bootleg drive it across the land of northern agression.Now that I got a Detroit I don't need to continue with the plans of going with a 2 stroke in a ford.....Back to IDI power.....

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/M35A21971/Big Jimmy/

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you "supposedly" killed the "E" for a 6v71? shameful.......:eek:cookoo:dunno
well, if nothing else, it's going to be one helluva kudzu planter box

Freight_Train

Reaction score
No,a 6V92T!

And I bought a pair of missile silos for it tonight.....8x60" stacks.That muffler is going to the scrap yard........Too......

Freight_Train

Reaction score
I was but the brakes are stuck from sitting,the mirrors are removed,got an air leak behind the engine.Gonna pay a guy around 900 bucks(unless someone on here can haul it cheaper....525 miles on way!) to a warmer Climate so I can work on it safely.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I am just writing this here because i am green with envy...:rolleyes:
Nice lookin Jimmy...and a Screamin' Jimmy at that. What is in her? 15 speed? 5 on 4?

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Thinking a 9 or 10 speed.Might get upgraded to a 13 speed if it is.Seller thought it was a 13 but had a guy look at it for me and said he thinks 9 or 10 but I have tried to have him match the shift knob to various ones but nothing i come up with matches.These things came with anything from a damn old Allison Auto to a 7 speed spicer to a 15 speed.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 spd was very common with a detroit. It worked pretty good to keep rpm up. A friend told me first thing in the morning slam my hand in the door so I would drive in pain and pissed-off and I would get along with it fine. He was right! LOL. Did a good job once I figured out how to drive it.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Well,It is now LEGALLY mine!I got the title and BOS today in the mail.Nice purple Illinois Clean and Clear title!Now to see if I can get it transfered to my name without a VIN inspection.....being as it is still 525 miles away.......Now if I could find some of those 80 Cent a mile haulers people keep talking about over on the Big Rig boards I would be all set!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish I was allowed to buy a big rig tractor lol. Hey, put a tow bar on her and drag it home with the IDI lol.

You could seriously put an ad out for a trucker doing a return trip empty with a step deck or a lowboy...just an option.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
well,that is the problem.Only I know I bought it here....hee hee hee.Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.....besides,I am single.I help pay the bills.I do repairs.I work my ass off when I can(160 hour paycheck last year for 2 weeks should be good evidence.).I think I earned the right to blow my money on worthless junk......

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A screamin' Jimmy, very cool project indeed....I used to fish on my uncles boat with a 453 screamin 10ft away from my bunk....It's a amazing I could sleep over it with just a piece of 3/4 plywood between the insane leaker and me.:rolleyes:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
whoo hoo.It should be here thursday.Unloading in the same location as the Martyr Machine and the E.....Then to get the title and tag swapped over(gotta get a Vin veri for out of state stuff.).Camera is locked cocked and ready to rock!