Well after 2 months of sitting...and a question

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
I put a new pollok valve on it and it fired right up.:thumbsup: (Its like 20* outside here;Really ) But i have a question. I am in need of a wiring diagram for the factory selector valve. right now i just got lucky and guessed with wires and made it draw off the front tank (dino) but i need to be able to switch it to the rear(veg oil) when it warms up. Also the fuel tank sending unit wires go into the plug on the valve. I have a total of 5 wires 2 are sending unit wires and 2 are for the selection of tanks, and i believe 1 that is left is a 12v positive. Anyone have any idea? :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have schematics that cover the valve wiring in my albums. Click the links below and look in the tech folders of each. Pretty much any year will be the same, so it won't matter which one you pick. Can't swear the wire colors won't change between body styles though. Out of the 5 pins, I know the first two are the motor, and the 3rd, 4th, and 5th are each of the tank pickups and the gauge on the dash. There will be ground and 12 volts present on pins 1 and 2 depending on the position of the dash switch. The other 3 wires you can ground safely. When you ground the one to the fuel gauge, it will read empty.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe the wires that power the motor just reverse polarity to make the switch motor run from one tank to the other. Been a while since I was into mine, but I believe you will have a 2 wires that alternate between pos/neg, then the two for the sending units and one to the gauge. I may be way off base here, been a minute and a lot has happened in that minute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle