Weird Starting?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An alternative is to switch the glow plug to a 6.9 style "blade" connector, and crimp on a female spade to go on it.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
ok say I guess i'm a useless mechanic.... i got 3 of 8 GP's changed out, ;Sweet the #1, which had the crappy connector, which I wrapped in electrical tape, don't think that did much of anything... I also got the #5 and #8 swapped out..... The air cleaner needs to come out to get to those other ones.... but that means disconnecting it at the turbo, which I feel like I can do all this, but worry that I wont get it back on there tight enough or something and screw something else up (this is just the way my luck has been going) :dunno So, i guess i'm capable of all this.... but then i'm thinking the stupid GP controller might be causing all my problems as well? Can't we bypass the controller somehow? (i searched some old threads on it).........

sootman73

Reaction score
i'll take a video of the best way to take off the air cleaner cover completely. got it perfect so its pretty easy now. you'll just need a 7/16" wrench and flat screwdriver. the bottom part is just two bolts and comes out real easy. once that is out of the way you should be able to get to 6 of 8 pretty easy. you'll have to carefully force the injection lines aside to get to some of them just make sure to put the clamps back on when your done! they are actually very important!

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
If you don't already have it a 3/8 deep well with a unervisal joint & extension are going to be your #1 tools.
You must be registered for see images attach

We found that if we bent a 3/8 wrench it was handy for working on em.
You must be registered for see images attach

sootman73

Reaction score
and when you use a universal it makes the things a lot easier to use if you wrap it in a few layers of electrical tape to stiffen up the joint.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I have the deep well..... guess i'll go get a universal joint for it..... I guess I can manage taking the air cleaner off as well, just need to disconnect from the turbo and the 2 bolts ya'll said on the inside of it........ I'll get this done one day, hahaha something you'd have done in a few hours takes me a few weeks!!! haha

fireman438

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 6.9. I found out it was air in my fuel system due to a plugged fuel pickup in my front tank. You might try cranking the engine with the key off by jumping the starter relay on the pass. side fender, while holding the bleeder valve open on the fuel filter head. If you don't get fuel immediately, you have air in the fuel system. Also, if the fuel doesn't shoot out of the bleeder valve, you may have a problem with your lift pump. Hope this helps.

sootman73

Reaction score
hey it took us all awhile the first time. next time it will be much easier. when i did my GP's it took three guys three hours and only got seven done. gotta learn sumtime!