Weird electrical connections???

dieselutheran2

Reaction score
:dunno

I am installing a replacement wiring harness into my project beast, and have some odd electrical connections that I can't quite figure out. (If necessary I will post pics later).

The plug in question is on the drivers side of the harness, it reaches forward from the firewall about a foot, and the plug looks like a connection for the headlight. Three female connections arranged just like the headlight plug in a semi round body. ?Any of this make sense to anyone? Thanx

dieselutheran2

Reaction score
The water separator? Would that be the Racor water/fuel filter unit? It is a 220 series, having taken it out completely to clean it I don't remember there being any wires in the unit. It is tan/beige in color, is that stock or not?

Last edited:

dieselutheran2

Reaction score
here's a pic of the water/fuel filter. Thanx for the help

Attachments

• HPIM0382.jpg
    HPIM0382.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 5

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you have there isn't stock.
the stock water seperator looks like a aluminum cylinder. the "water sensor" plugs in on top.

dieselutheran2

Reaction score
If the water seperator wires aren't connected to anything, will it cause problems? should I make jumpers or just leave it as is? thanx again Calvin.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the water seperator wires aren't connected to anything, will it cause problems? should I make jumpers or just leave it as is? thanx again Calvin.
jesse-
only if you like looking at those pretty red lights.
otherwise, leave it alone. If you do go to a 7.3 filter head setup, you'll have the basic wiring there to work from to make the light work proper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online