Weight distributing hitches

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the round bar set up myself.

Thank you. That's what I ordered a few days ago.

After a bunch of digging through manufacturers website, calls to manufacturers tech support and a couple hitch installers I find the trunion setup best for use on the same trailer all the time which is bad for me pulling a different trailer each time I'll need it.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, I have had about all of them, Round bar is the best IMHO!. I currently have a 15,000 lb unit from Valley Tow Right and love it. Something else you may want to add to the one you tow regularly is stabilizer bars. They make a huge difference on long hauls as well. I have a 15,000 lb receiver and 14,000 GVW trailer that sees max on occaision. When I put my weight dist hitch on, I was backed down a grade, it rained and got sloppy. When I drew the weight bars up, the rear tires just spun, when I let them off, I drove right out! Tells me that they work as it was taking weight off the rear axle. Of course it was empty, so it REALLY took it off the rear axles!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't even feel my own trailers behind the new CC long bed dually as it is now without the WD hitch and honestly prolly won't even use it on my own.

I like weight on my drive tires and have taught skid control and played with 18 wheelers on skid pads so the drives are the last place I want to remove weight when I'm well within the limits of my tires and axles.

Just need it because it's a requirement to haul these new travel trailers for the company I'm leasing on to in late January. As I'll be able to pick and choose most of my loads, I personally will snag 5th wheel trailers to hook and go as much as I can vs messing with bumper pulls. Much easier on my crippled buttLOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online