water outlet housing

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 92 f250 7.3L. i have a cracked water outlet housing an from what i am told is no longer available. either in the aftermarket or at the dealer. could i just weld it? or would that be a bad idea.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They are cast iron and you really need a welder that knows what he is doing to weld cast iron... Lots of preheat and then a very slow post heat dropping around 100 degrees per hour... An oven is really needed for this... Just find this part in a wrecking yard... Plenty of us cruise the yards all the time... This is the first time I ever herd of this breakage....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
DId you try the international dealer or the ford dealer? many Ford dealers are famous for saying things are obsolete just because they don't want to bother with it. If you were to go to the Ford dealer in this town they would tell you that no parts exist for any ford vehicle older than 4 years old :rolleyes: Needless to say, they don't get any business from me.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
already tried ford but didnt even think about international. it was a long day an i wasnt to happy to find that nor that no one has the part. i have a friend that is a black smith so i think he can weld it.

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check and see if i have an extra, I think I do.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me not paying attention to detail and trying to get it all back together. i didnt notice but the new tstat didnt fit right and created a small gap so when i tighted the bolts down she cracked. thats how it got broke.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
See... These thermostat necks live everywhere... Maybe the Ford stooge didn't want to work that day and told you what he did.... Stop going to the dealer... They can't help us any longer... The electronic trucks now pay there salaries... Not us anymore....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to hear! It's always a good feeling to get a problem solved and drive your rig again.

Merry Christmas.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online