waste oil truck prep?

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a few more things and my 94 F250 turbodiesel will be on the road now ive learned about the proper way to filter and prepare the wasteoil but im woundering if there is anything that I need to do to the truck before i start my little experiments?

Im just going to use one tank to try out my wasteoil/diesel and start with a 20% wasteoil mix and go from there. Any other imput would be great cause i know that im going to be paranoid pouring oil into my truck cookoo

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to do that, I'm getting tired of changing o-rings. I noticed the hoses starting to breakdown last time I was in there. I wonder how long my lift pump will hold out. At least if it does start leaking "fuel" into my oil it wont be as bad, I run 50-70%.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
If the hose can handle diesel the WMO shouldn't hurt it....Now ATF is another animal all together....I'm going to replace my sections of rubber hose with tranny cooler line but other than that everything should be ok. I'm running about 30% WMO right now.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i agree with BigRigTech im not going to be running any ATF since i get alot of motor oil from the construction equipment I service. I don't see how oil can make the rubber lines sweat. the motor in the truck was just rebuild and the injectors and IP are new too so im guessing the o-ring on the injectors should hold up for awhile. Is there anything else i should improve,add or adjust so the truck dosent have any problems? Sorry for the million questions I just want to know what to expect when I give this a shot

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil will break down the rubber over time. You'll be fine for awhile, but be prepaired to replace stuff as it starts leaking.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea i agree with BigRigTech im not going to be running any ATF since i get alot of motor oil from the construction equipment I service. I don't see how oil can make the rubber lines sweat. the motor in the truck was just rebuild and the injectors and IP are new too so im guessing the o-ring on the injectors should hold up for awhile. Is there anything else i should improve,add or adjust so the truck dosent have any problems? Sorry for the million questions I just want to know what to expect when I give this a shot
read up on this thread and click on the links in the thread if you want to know more about the upgraded hoses.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20359

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
been running variouse mixes from %20-50 on a regular basis for the last few years and i havent had to do any modifications on my fuel system. Bio or wast veggie oil can break down you hoses but i dont know why motor oil would. at a %20 i think the most you might notice is a little more smoke if anything and it smells like you have bad rings at your pipe.

i know some others have had some issues running thicker mixtures in the %50+ range with the stock lift pump getting to weak by itself but you are a long way from that.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool guys thanks for the reasurance. on my towns next bulk garbage night im going to drive around and see if i can find a suitable waste oil container for my filter setup :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any fuel modifications, and have had no problems with WMO either. I'll burn whatever I can get. Trans fluid is great for thinning the mix. I don't see EGT's being a problem. I really have no idea what my mix is. Here is how I run. With a near empty tank, I fill with 100% diesel. $:puke: $
I go to work, which uses about a 1/4 tank, then fill with WMO. This process repeats each work day. By the end of the week, I now have a much stronger mix of WMO. On cool fridays, it can be a little hard to start. Usually I have to floor it. I'll then run the next week on whatever this mix is, until the tank is near empty, then I repeat. This means I'm only buying diesel twice a month, instead of 4 times. Saves me a few hundred a month. ;Sweet

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks again guys. ill be getting to work on a WMO setup as soon as i figure out why my brake pedal keeps going to the floor slowly after i pump it up-cuss

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thanks again guys. ill be getting to work on a WMO setup as soon as i figure out why my brake pedal keeps going to the floor slowly after i pump it up-cuss

if you dont have a leak at the calipers wheel cylinders or lines, sounds like the classic worn master cylinder leaking past the pistons internally.