Waste oil problems

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the whole setup or just the replacement cartrages? I paid 40 bucks for the housing and two filters. Not too bad IMO. Ace hardware wanted 38 just for the housing and 7 for each filter.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
For the whole setup or just the replacement cartrages? I paid 40 bucks for the housing and two filters. Not too bad IMO. Ace hardware wanted 38 just for the housing and 7 for each filter.

i paid about 25 for the housing and 7 for the filters at my local Ace

72f2504x4390

Reaction score

Got mine from Home depot for less than $20 each. Looks different but the same thing and takes the same filters.

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I paid 7.99 for the housings and 1.60 for the filters.at menards .Lowes was about double. I am running an Iwaki chemicla pump to get the oil flowing through them about a gallon a minute with 1inch hose I think thats pretty good for as thick as it is when I thin the oil it fills my 5 gallon buckets faster then I can empty them in the truck.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
okay let me share my story...

well I've read read and read heard negative /postive read you smart for doing it your stupid for doing this I have read and read filtering methods and how you can't get certian chemical /particals out for about a year now well fuel prices and a lack of having a cheap gasser to drive forced me to try this (still going to do wvo)

first 55 galon drum from trucking company same oil (belive mobile or shell oil non synthetic)

for a trial run of two week made a small version of my filter ideals...

5 gallon bucket with a drain valve with a t-shirt double over it and 6 speaker magnets on the bottom....

next in line a pump from a camper trailer ,which feeds the second filter factory spin on filter(10 micron) then a house water filter (5 micron) then a fram g-12 filter into a 5 gallon jug... running a 50/50 mix I mix my 2.5 gallon of diesel to my oil before I filter it (1) to thin it (2) to hopefully free some gunk out of the oil........

filter on the truck... after the selctor switch a g12 filter then fuel pump(electric) and then factory spinn on..

the truck... 87 6.9 turbo / with pump turned up.... 410 gear with 2,82000 or 3,8200 only God knows....
leaks oil has a bad headgasket (liquid glass to stop the leak) so the old motor is on it's way out...

first week what a bear every day had to replace the g-12 filter first at 60 miles then 120 then 180 (60 mile trip to work so a 120 round trip) filter was getting clogged up with little black chunks (algea maybe) well now I havethe same filter on for almost a week over 400 miles still good...

running milage sometime up 1 mpg sometimes the same(my mix wasn't consetant) running no differnce except a surge every once in a while (still think my mix not the same each time) pocket book 50 gallons a week at $4 buck = $200 now $100....

second week still on same filter installed last friday
bump the mix the other way 70 wmo 30 diesle running the same mpg same cost $60 a week....

will keep yuo updated building a better system this week end so I can do 55 galons a time and get my mix better and even ....

nola6.0L

Reaction score
Afternoon all, I'm new to this forum and am curious about ways to get better MPG for my truck. I have a 2005 f-250 6.0L that has a performance intake filter and 4" cat-back exhaust. I also purchased a hypertech programmer. My ride has just at 40,000 miles. Any ideas on what else I might add/delete to increase my MPG's? $4.27 a gallon is not fun!

subway

Reaction score
460429 thanks for sharing. anyone at work i talk to about this just thinks i am nuts for running WMO. i knew of a few here that did and it seems to be taking off some now. so far i havent heard of any real trouble happening yet like some people predicted.

its good to hear more results from anyone to edumicate:D

welcome mola6.0L cant tell you much about the newer trucks, might want to try in the 6.0 section. its a good laid back group here.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Oil is oil, as long as it's clean it shouldn't hurt anything...It's like Mel said, if you burn enough of it you will save enough dough to buy 2 or 3 new IP's and injectors every year - and this is IF you had a reason to change them.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
460429 thanks for sharing. anyone at work i talk to about this just thinks i am nuts for running WMO. i knew of a few here that did and it seems to be taking off some now. so far i havent heard of any real trouble happening yet like some people predicted.

its good to hear more results from anyone to edumicate:D

welcome mola6.0L cant tell you much about the newer trucks, might want to try in the 6.0 section. its a good laid back group here.
hey just giving back to the forums from what I've learned about it.. my next system s going to have a 1 micron house water filter in it actually had it hooke up last night worked real good... my smoke is about the same on diesel or wmo... I alway's shut it down on diesel...

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 55 gal drum with fuel pump from tractor supply mix 50 50 wmo
with deisel in drum then fill truck threw 10 micron 3/4 spin on filter
from tractor supply.Fills and filters almost as fast as station pump.
I do screen oil and watch clossly as I put it into 55 gal drum.I leave
drum setup in back of truck easy to put in deisel at station.Just found
spin on filters for fuel that filter to 2 microns. Am going to put one after
the 10 micron I am useing know. The head is 10 to 15$ filters less than 20$
And thes are ratted for deisel fuel.

link to filters go look and post what you think about thim I ordered some.

http://www.jmesales.com/category/2206/1/Cimtek-E85-Bio-Diesel-Series.aspx

camodude

Reaction score
i use the tobey unit to fuel my o2 f-250 7.3 the bead filter removes water and acids and makes the ph neutral, i was running mvo 50/50 mix for 600miles with no smoke then came the smoke so after burning a tank of $4.75 a gallon diesel
it still smokes and now is starting to miss in overdrive (6 speed stick)and loss of power when pulling and on the mountans blue smoke turns to black when you give it fuel, any input on this? injectors bad? i also have a small hole in the fuel filler neck will that make any dif?

subway

Reaction score
not sure on the powerstroke but cant the injector seals go bad letting the engine oil and fuel mix?

camodude

Reaction score
i dont know about the injector seals, but my oil level is ok, i am keeping an eye on that, oil looks clean for haveing 3,000 miles on it, new fuel filter and air filter but i cant drain the fuel filter bowl the lever works but nothing comes out and the old oil filter was realy dirty so im sure the bowl needs cleaned. the truck has 160,000 on it, im getting it looked at in the morning

jeffnzoya

Reaction score
I've got to ask

I am not up on all these alt. fuel sources so when I read about 50/50 WMO or WVO I am takeing it as you mix 10 gal of pump diesel and 10 gal of strained and relatively clean WVO and pore it into the tank. Is this right.

If so, what the down side. I know that we don't have a shinny ball that tells the future but if I do the 50/50 mix and make sure the WVO is clean what's the worst think that can happen. I don't mind to take a chance if I am talking about a $150.00 injector, but I can't afford to gamble with a 4k engine.

Thanks

Jeff.