Want to trade for an IDI

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the quad to every local motorcycle shop in my area and they all valued it at $3700-4000.

I am looking for a van or crew cab 6.9 or 7.3. 4x4 preferred. 5spd would be nice.

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"valued at" numbers are meaningless. if you asked them what price they would "buy it" that is what truly matters.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked for a reasonable value for today's market, which is what they gave me. Asking them what they would buy it for is what is actually meaningless. Motorcycle dealers are no different than automotive dealers or even pawn shops. They would only give you 50-60% or so of what it's worth because they would be reselling it.
That's like saying your truck is only worth what a dealer would pay you for it, which we all know is not true.

The value stated is what it is worth to someone that intends to keep it, not for someone wanting to resell it.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
It's still probably going to be tough to find a CC 4X4 6.9 or 7.3 diesel for that cheap. I think most people with a good running, straight one would want some money on top. Good luck though. It's a wicked-**** quad, bud.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here they go for next to nothing. I know they are valued differently in other areas, just thought I'd try my luck here. This quad would sell immediately for $3500 , I would be sitting on it awhile if I priced it higher but it would eventually sell. Idi's hardly ever sell for that much around here. I would probably be better off selling it and buying a truck but it would be more convenient to trade. I've had a ton of offers on it already, ranging from cash to vehicles/boats worth $5k. While tempting, I don't need a boat at the end of summer.

I know this isn't the ideal place to post a quad.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Where is around here for you? I live in Oregon and I can tell you without question that a good running crew cab diesel 4X4 that's straight and clean goes for piles of money around here. Supercabs with the TTB front will go for pretty cheap, but hell, I sold my 86 2WD supercab for almost 4 grand...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. Asking price is one thing, selling price is totally different. For $8-10k they better be FLAWLESS. I'm not asking for something mint. The truck posted above is around the condition I am looking for. It is also $1000 less than what I could sell my quad for TOMORROW. I might just do that and buy it if it runs good.

$2500 is a good deal for it, but it isn't much lower than I am use to seeing them priced at. Thanks for posting it. I'm not really sure why there has been critical posts in here. My quad is worth what I am seeking as a trade, I'm sorry if some of you may not agree.

Last edited:

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Well I wasn't trying to knock what your quad is worth by any means. I am sure it's worth every penny, but in most of Oregon a truck like mine would sell in a day for 5K or more, no problem, and mine has crap paint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online