vibration a 2,000 RPM ??????

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1993 f 350 4 door with a 7.3 IDI ans a ZF 5 speed.
I have a small vibration at 2,000 RPM. :confused:
No matter what gear or mph from probly 1800 to 2200 RPM.
Could that be the Duel Mass Flywheel ??? :confused:
Thanks
John

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
from what i have read, your DMF is going to sound like a tin can fill with marbles being dragged under your truck, so theres that for what its worth...... is the vibration in the engine or does it feel like the drive train? since its that specific a rpm range......i really dont know what to think.....if something was loose or unbalanced, in my experience it would rattle to a certain point and then be turning too fast to percieve. how does it act after 2000? does that differ any from how it acts under 1800?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
It could be your flywheel they don't all ways make a lot of noise when they go bad I'm assuming it will do this sitting still too try reving it up and playing with the clutch by pushing it in letting it out and such to see if it affects the vibration any also you can remove the inspection cover and check the free movement and see if your in spec which I'm not sure of right now but I think its between 5/8 and 3/4 any more or less then spec and thats a pretty good sign its your flywheel hopefully some one will tell you the right specs for sure other things that can cause a motor vibration is a dead cylinder badharmonic balancer or a bad bearing although this should be accompanied by a knock

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fought a 45 mph vibration on my 84 F250 for a couple of years and thought that I would just have to live with it. I eventually replaced the tires and wheels and the problem was gone. If your tires are in great shape, you might try having your tires and wheels balanced and see if that helps.

U joints and carrier bearings as previously stated can also be the cause. Sometimes the problem just can't be fixed. I hope you find the reason in your case.

akoldnav

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vibration Found

THANK YOU ALL ;Sweet ;Sweet
Wheels and tires I had just put on.
I brought the Rpms up at a stop and there was no vibration.
Finally I pulled the driveshaft , Replaced Joints and Carrier bearing and Vibration....... A L L G O N E :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I would say it was the Carrier bearing.
Thanks
Again to all :hail :hail :hail
Thanks
John

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
ahh always good to know if its a motor RPM vibration or driveline RPM vibration makes trouble shooting much easier