Vemco Dana v drive system wanted.

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Looking for a vemco/Dana v drive front four wheel drive system for an 8 lug ford van. 3.50 gear ratio
Made in the 70's and early 80's. Looks like a pair of Dana 30 diffs on each wheel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 128

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never saw such an animal.. didn't know they even existed..

One look tells me they weren't an engineering success... and I wonder how or why they were ever produced?

Double your trouble, had to ride like a brick, steer like a brick. I could be wrong.

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Engineering success? Sure.....

Marketing success? Nope....

Rides just like a stock van, they even used this system in cars. Dana spicer dropped it, and some engineers bought the rights and created VEMCO and sold it to GM and Ford.

Not meant for off trail or even rough trail use, as it has no low range.

Heres a fourwheeler mag article with one in it.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/body-chassis/131-1105-lose-weight-for-more-action-van-hack/

You must be registered for see images attach

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I have never seen anything like that. When I first read the title, I thought you were posting something about a boat. Looks interesting. What are you wanting to put that system into?

Archie

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
I want it in the van in my sig. Originally I was thinking of an np203 and and d44

I don't plan to ever really off road but I'd want 4wd for snow and occasional light trail use.

This looks like right up my alley. I need to find one of the 300 or so for units.

Co worker has a 4wd ford van. Rusty 1975 unit. 8 lug. $800. If it's got this system. I'm all over it.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only seen this setup one other time. 91IDI down in Indianapolis found a van in a junk yard with a complete setup under it still.

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that pic was posted on the Cincy C/list 6mos ago_Our local phone comp had about ten of those way back when

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get ahold of 91IDI and see what yard it was in. It's probably been almost a year since he saw it...but hope springs eternal.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a Chevy conversion van 20 miles from me. Was never sold. Van had very few miles. The dealer lost the chevy franchise in 2008 and I don't know what happened to it. Eason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online