Vehicle speed sensor

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hopefully this is a quick painless answer. But I have a '93 extended cab ford f250 non turbo with e40d trans. So question is. is there two vehicle speed sensors? Orilly auto shows two different types one on rear axle and one that connects to the Speedo cable. Is this true? I replaced the one in back on the axle a few years ago but every once in a while I get speedometer needle flutter. It also will effect the cruize control when it does it. I'm wanting to clean the area were the speed sensor goes in and change fluid so I was also going to replace that again with the new wiring harness. Any other ideas on this. Sorry for the long story

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are 2 possible locations.however only 1 per truck.in your truck,being a '93 it's located in the rear axle.if it fluctuates some,then your on the right path in that you can simply remove it,wipe it clean and re-install and all should be fine.if the lube is over 100k miles,then flush her out at the same time is also a good plan.your on the right road to success.very painless indeed.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online