used IDI engine prices

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering cause i am on the fence of pulling out my IDI for a cummins swap, or just selling the whole truck and getting into something at least 10yrs newer... So in the mean time i was wondering what used IDI's go for... Say i pulled mine today, 94 IDI factory turbo, 278k miles, baby moose and BB injectors (less than 5K miles on them), no other real upgrades to the engine... What would be fair to ask if i pulled the motor? am sure this will be a matter of opinion or how bad someone needs it but just pickin ya'lls brain...thanks..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its whatever the market will bare. I'm thinking with the new parts and the miles $1200.00 is a very fair price.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. i knew it wouldn't be much which really sucks, just the baby moose, injectors,rtn lines, and glow plugs ran about a grand alone.. seems more feesible to not ****** the truck and sell it running and in decent shap and hope to get $4500 -5k out of it..

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you need to do is, go over to ABC bus and trade that 94 in on an MCI, there more fun to work on. :eek: :D

Just kiddin.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
I paid $650 for an '89 7.3 N/A which included the radiator a month ago. Did not include starter or AC comp. Never saw it run beforehand though. But it does run well now! Bought in northern Indiana/Illinois. (Somewhere between Dyer, IN and Beecher, IL)

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. i think when the time comes i will just sell the truck outright, cause i know there are plenty that would love the truck..