Update on the truck...

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of American Racing Outlaw Rims 16x8 today, always liked the look. Also order a set of General Grabber AT2's 265/75/16, both load rated for the truck.... total price? $1150 out the door.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Next thing to go on it is a lift kit. Anyone have any particular lift kits to recommend? I liked the Mud Country and Skyjacker, but I don't want to go over 4" on the lift.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/248234.html

Getting bodywork estimates monday, and ordered some parts to put together for monday or tuesday. I am considering repainting the truck in it's entirety, and going with either a red paint scheme, or keeping the red and silver paint scheme and going from there.

Last edited:

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
well you could go with a 2 inch leveling kit in the front from tuff country or daystar i never really liked lifts more then 4 inchs and if you dont want more then 4 the i guess a 2 inch block under the leafs in back to level it out if it needs it but why spend so much for a full suspension kit for like 3 inchs lol I wouldn't

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265's are kinda smallcookoo if your gonna lift it why not 315's:dunno
can't fit the 315s in with the stock ride height. and if i do 315s (33" right?) with the necessary lift of 4"... i'll be illegal to drive on road.

In massachusetts, we have *****'d lift laws. They go with maximum of 2" of ride height adjustment, up or down. 4x4 vehicles light-duty trucks can be lifted using the formula (wheelbase x wheel track) / 2200. Works out to 5.5 inches of lift for my truck, between suspension, rubber, and body. I want 4" in the suspension, as it will be something that adds to the value of the truck as well as looks good. Also, I suppose I phrased it wrong, as basicly, I want a 4" lift kit, no more no less.

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
315's is 35, they almost fit under my truck without rubbing if i had add a leaf up front they would and i have no lift

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have two inches of clearance on the front bumper and front fender right now with the stock ride height, at rest. Most likely the front leafs are worn, but if I am gonna spend 400-500 on new leafs, and another 200 on new shocks, why not pony up the extra 300 to 400 for a lift?

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
You can built a lift using another set of factory springs......how can they argue with that? Not every vehicle is created equal. My buddy's F350 clears 38's and with the exception of a 3 inch bodylift (on an IDI no less) it is completely stock.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can built a lift using another set of factory springs......how can they argue with that? Not every vehicle is created equal. My buddy's F350 clears 38's and with the exception of a 3 inch bodylift (on an IDI no less) it is completely stock.

but isnt it a hassle to argue with the police at any time?