Update on E350 6.9 melted harness

899ccs

Reaction score
Average working condition temperature a balmy 35 degrees. I have installed 6 out of 8 new glow plugs. The second one in driver's side is the most difficult so switched to quarter drive.
Have fab'd up wiring for temp switch to lnjector pump cold start enrichment but broke the fast idle solenoid trying to plug onto it. It was so brittle. Gonna let it ride and that's where i'm at. Two more glow plugs then wire in the fuel line heater re connect and secure harness and some solder repairs forward of the 8 pin connector near pass side battery . then finally jump in the momentary manual glow plug switch. One concern is the fuel line heater. The remaining wire is about 6 inches of fuse link at line. That seem good to you all? So let me make sure i got this right .I need battery voltage in that harness essentially to fuel line heater and one side of temp sensor. Which is normally closed? Then separate wire from harness connector to fuel cut off ?controlled by ignition switch in run position?

You must be registered for see images attach

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was originally a red/green wire which is switched voltage. It branches off as needed. There is no straight battery voltage to those items you mentioned. Feeds the glow plug controller, the fuel heater, the fuel shut off solenoid and the temp sensor for the cold advance and high idle.

I'd eliminate the fuel heater. Value is debatable.

Google intellidog 6.9 glow plug wiring. His site has a wiring diagram.

899ccs

Reaction score
thank you seems that i can't find two alike diagrams and none with wire color nor specific to my E series