Ultimate Comfort, Pickup-Truck Drive: All-New Interior Features Advertisement

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
So till you reach in your wallet and pony up cash for server space and bandwidth and whatever else it takes to keep the lights on, **** and swallow your pride or bitchiness or whatever it is that drives you to whine about it.

OK LCAM, you are entitled to your opinion.

The reason these ads are so onerous is that they are devious and deceptive - they appear to be regular posts from one of us. If one of us was to post such SPAM, the mods would delete it post haste.
I avoid vendors who are devious and deceptive.

Regards,

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, my opinion on the matter hardly makes any difference at all - for what it's worth I also dislike any and all ads, however I understand the need for them and thus I don't complain about them as long as they stay fairly unobtrusive, which these still are. Moreover this subject was already brought up at least once before, and the need for the ads was explained.

Also, I disagree with you the ads are devious and deceptive - the poster's name is usually something pretty obvious like "Ford Parts" or "GM Trucks" or even "BMW After Sales", and IIRC the post itself is also marked as a "Sponsored Post" (there isn't one up right now so I can't say with 100% certainty that is the case, but I'm pretty sure I saw that label a few times). That said, I think you are onto something, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for the sponsored posts' titles to be a different color from the general mess generated by us regular users - not sure if that is something that's doable automatically via the forum script or whatever, but if it is it could be a nice to have it implemented.

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
the poster's name is usually something pretty obvious like "Ford Parts" or "GM Trucks" or even "BMW After Sales", and IIRC the post itself is also marked as a "Sponsored Post" That said, I think you are onto something, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for the sponsored posts' titles to be a different color from the general mess generated by us regular users

Well, anyone could have a screen name of TOYOTA or GMC TRUCKS, but they do all seem to say "Sponsored Post". I just need to train myself to ignore anything that includes that phrase. I could certainly live with a different color.

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online