ULSD

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Have anyone noticed less smoke while driving? I have the feeling something has changed ever since I started using it, maybe it is the fact that I cleaned My air filter at the same time but I don't let it sit uncleaned too long.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
It may be that it is not the ULSD but the seasonal switch to winter blend diesel that is a lighter grade closer to #1 diesel.

Jim

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The times that I have pumped petro diesel I have used ULSD, and it does seem to have less black smoke, that was a big part of the call for its introduction was to reduce smoke emissions, SoX and NoX emissions. It is also visibly cleaner even in its liquid unburned form. That's the way I see it, and I think it is working!

pafixitman

Reaction score
Funny you should mention this EZ. I just replaced my rotted tailpipe and now can watch the pass mirror. I too have noticed less but after everything I have redone, I thought it was head / valves related!cookoo Oh well. I'm so happy to have it running (even w/ an oil leak) that I don't care about smoke...at least right now!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a drop in MPG, and less smoke. :backoff

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Do ya think this guy running ULSD?

SMOKE

LOL I've seen that one on the lounge, but those guy aren't here, hear the spanish behind the camera? I think they said it was on mexico, I couldn't tell where the tag is from.

Now the ulsd, now I feel better I'm not the only one who think is the fuel. Good thing that I just switch it to wvo and can see it thicker again.:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not, but it would be nice if the videographer was running a tripod. LOL Youtube is great. You can stay entertained for hours on there. Here is a nother diesel foopah. You can tell it didn't happen around here. ;p

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they said it was on mexico, I couldn't tell where the tag is from.

Speaking of Mexico, if we are running ULSD, and accoring to stickers at pumps LSD will damage your 07 diesel, how is an 07 supposed to drive into Mexico? Or is that just a bunch of bull that LSD will damage an 07?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin