Twin I Beam replacement parts?

camozzi2009

Blue oval
Reaction score
Its a 1993 f-250 4x4 with a worn out front end. Naturally. Actaully the ball joints are still good but not original. Crossmember bushings, leaf springs shot. Where should i get the parts? Napa? Please no straight axle suggestions. Gonna do it myself schwab wants almost $1000.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no straight axle suggestions.

:eek:

:(

But....... Dana 60's are so nice......... LOL

Just messing with ya. Welcome to OB. I see you've been a member for a bit, but looks like your 1st post. Lots of places to get parts for the TTB Dana's. Bronco Graveyard, NAPA, Drivetrain Parts .com, Randy's Ring and Pinion, ....... and so on. Not rebuilt one in quite a long time. I 60'ed by F250 years ago. I'm sure someone has rebuilt their TTB recently and can give you the skinny on good/affordable parts suppliers and tips/tricks to getting it done without too much stress.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
This page will allow you to find a Dana/Spicer dealer near you. The parts may not be the cheapest you can find but WILL be among the best parts available.

http://www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?hvtss~spicerparts~locatea_ld

I would look for a competent spring shop and have them make new leaf packs for your truck. My brother has done this with two TTB plow trucks and it has proven to be a very good upgrade to a TTB front end. The truck rides better, tires wear evenly, the plow has less of an effect on the steering geometry, all the way around better. I think the front sits about an inch higher, not too bad at all for the benefits it provided.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there was an "add a leaf" kit offered from ford. To save $ you could try having the springs re-arced. I haven't ever done either of these. Just a couple thoughts. As far as the bushings go, MOOG makes pretty good ones if you can't get the Dana Spicer parts.

camozzi2009

Blue oval
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. There where some make shift add a leafs cut with a torch and thrown in at one time. Now there actaully diggin into the existing leafs, and creating binding noises. Its a beautiful standard cab 4x4. Gotta get pics up for u guys!

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought new front leaf springs from National Parts Depot a year ago for about $350 plus shipping. Raised front about an inch from where the sagging old ones were. I had to use adjustable camber bushings maxed out and was still about 3/4 degree over. The springs settle out over time and I should be getting closer to spec. Rotate tires more frequently for awhile. NPD has bushings for TTB pivots. You will need shackle bushings also. There is a thread in tech section showing R&R. Leafs come with bushings. If I had known the paint was such poor quality, I would have shot some better coating on, as the springs are now rust colored after one winter.

Tom

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Rockauto.com probably has what you need. They have sources for all mechanical parts and they generally have a selection of manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance